Associate Marketing Director, Southern Europe (Spain)
Job locationLondon / Barcelona
Region of responsibilityEMEA
DescriptionWe strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an Associate Director for Spain. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the marketing strategy for launch and beyond, hiring and scaling the team in the market, and collaborating with cross-functional global and regional teams. In this role, you will be responsible for driving new customer acquisition and driving our brand awareness and consideration in the market.
This role can be based in Spain or London.
- Own the marketing strategy for Spain, ensuring this is grounded in an understanding of the customer, the brand, the market and commercial priorities.
- Own the allocation of large budgets across marketing activities to achieve specific business activities (acquisition, retention, and brand health).
- Work with central and regional teams (Strategy, Product, Revenue, Operations, Growth Marketing, and Comms) to build solutions that solve problems unique to the region.
- Manage external agencies and internal resources to develop integrated campaigns (briefing, providing strategic feedback, production.
- Media planning and buying for all campaigns, demonstrating efficiency and linking to business objectives.
- Embrace & champion a test-and-learn environment to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend; ensure tight oversight, management and optimisation of country marketing budgets.
- Continuously add and experiment with new marketing channels and initiatives while solidifying proven channels, including econometrics.
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are measured and continuously optimised based on results; work closely with analytics to devise measurement plans for high-impact marketing programs.
- Set strategic priorities & quarterly objectives/goals for local team members and agencies and problem solve and strategise to deliver against goals/ key KPIs.
- Stakeholder management across central and regional teams, including marketing, product, operations, commercial strategy, and external agencies.
- Lead, manage, and inspire a team; create a culture of collaboration & learning.
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Proactively identify opportunities that drive step-function increases in growth.
- Report regularly on progress and results to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership.
Experience we are looking for:
- Extensive marketing experience in Spain across the marketing mix, preferably for a technology company.
- Experience in online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns.
- Experience in owning multi-million dollar budgets and critical business metrics, including acquisition and brand health targets, preferably for a consumer brand.
- Experience in a high analytical/strategic role; demonstrated success using data to make decisions.
- Experience in being accountable to critical business metrics including brand health and business growth.
- Proven ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organisational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives across global markets.
- Team management and employee development experience.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deep cultural knowledge of Spain
- Native level Spanish, fluent English
- Strong understanding of and passion for Bumble’s unique culture and mission
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, and multiple competing priorities
- Strong communicator and relationship builder.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight.
- Able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- You work well in a cross-functional and cross-cultural team environment.
- You are happiest in a fast-paced environment but know when to balance moving fast against breaking things.