Communication Manager, Colombia and Ecuador
Region of responsibilityAmericas
DescriptionDidi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and convenience platform! The company offers a full range of app-based transportation and life services for over 550 million users across Asia, Latin America, Australia, and Russia, including Taxi, Express, Premier, Luxe, Bus, Designated Driving, Enterprise Solutions, Bike Sharing, E-bike Sharing, Automobile Solutions, Food Delivery, and Payment. Tens of millions of drivers who find flexible work opportunities on the DiDi platform provide over 10 billion passenger trips a year.
DiDi is committed to collaborating with policymakers, the taxi industry, the automobile industry, and communities to solve the world’s transportation, and environmental, and employment challenges with localized smart transportation innovations by leveraging its AI capabilities. By continuously improving user experience and creating social value, DiDi strives to build a safe, inclusive, and sustainable mobile transportation and convenience ecosystem for cities of the future.
For more information, please visit: www.didiglobal.com/news
We are looking for a star on the rise in tech, entrepreneurship, and consumer communications. We are writing the history of DiDi, this time in South America. And that is why we want to invite into our team a communications professional deeply committed to developing a sustainable, accessible business, at the service of all and, based on that, then build the best narrative for our Company. In today's world, especially in light of the challenges posed to all by the pandemic, we need to diversify our areas of action to increase the power of our initiatives and messages.
Therefore, we are looking for a candidate who is passionate about exploring new communication channels and integrating them into traditional PR management. Someone who exudes passion for building sustainable narratives, someone with a Champion’s Heart.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide corporate communications expert internal consultancy, developing and executing integrated plans that align communications with business goals. Keep an eye on what’s happening in society to be always able to think ahead and engage proactively.
- Develop story ideas, research, and thought leadership that builds a brand profile, using data to build narratives with more significant impact and oriented to support business goals. Build close relationships with key opinion leaders and media stakeholders.
- Be a strong team player: Collaborate with safety, marketing, government affairs, customer service, legal, and operations teams to develop communications strategies and support the business.
- Become a trusted advisor for the leads of the operation and a reliable support for the entire team.
- Work with our agency partners, defining clear outcomes and accountability for deliverables.
- Create content for every relevant opportunity. Also coordinate and leverage the company resources to find new ways to create and broadcast innovative content.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Organize innovative events, packed with content focused on strengthening ties between the company and its essential stakeholders.
- Support the company in expansion plans both at a national or global level.
What The Perfect Candidate Looks Like
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or similar.
- At least five years of experience in leadership roles in consumer communications or corporate affairs agencies. With particular emphasis on content creation, and also relevant experience managing issues, crises, and reputation management.
- Strong relations (and the ability and willingness to create new ones) with key opinion leaders, media stakeholders, influencers, and journalists.
- Experience working in a work environment strongly oriented to the use of data for decision-making, event coordination, and media management is preferred.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated approach. We’re looking for a highly entrepreneurial profile.
- Full-time and available to travel and live some pretty incredible adventures in a crazy fast-growing company.
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams
At DiDi, we believe that our differences are our biggest source of strength. That‘s why we are committed to promoting equal opportunities to all candidates and employees as an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment and advancement decisions at DiDi are always made based on the needs of the position and the qualifications of the candidate. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on their gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, pregnancy/maternity, disability, race, religion and beliefs, or any other status protected by applicable laws wherever we operate.
We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams, and a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment, because that’s how we create better products and services, make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of.