Job locationideally Brussels but flexibility could be shown for the ideal candidate
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWe are looking for an experienced Content Manager to join our Communications team based in Brussels.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of overseeing websites, curating attractive content and putting in place strategies which draw users to the content they need in easy and accessible ways.
Among the responsibilities will be the day-to-day management and development of the WFA website, the planning, organisation, creation and publication of WFA content online, and SEO and social strategies to improve visibility and accessibility of this content.
Ultimately, you will ensure the functionality and efficiency of WFA’s content management system. This is a crucial role in curating and promoting WFA’s existing content proactively to our members.
- Serve as the primary contact for the day-to-day maintenance and development of the WFA website and content management system;
- Work with Communications team members to plan and develop site content (updating and creating new pages), style and layout for WFA pages;
- Develop content in line with SEO best practice, while keeping it entertaining and informative;
- Use content management systems to analyse and optimise website traffic, users’ engagement metrics, searchability and accessibility;
- Increase sign-ups to our newsletters and grow traffic to the website.
- Put in place processes across the team to streamline the uploading and accessibility of content;
- Generate, curate, publish and distribute engaging content via the website, newsletters and social media that aligns with WFA’s strategy and addresses the needs and interests of various members; where appropriate, repurpose and refresh existing content;
- Working alongside Communications Managers, liaise with relevant WFA teams to advise on content appropriate to their target audiences and objectives;
- Collaborate with Policy, Comms and Marketing Services teams to measure content effectiveness (usage, adoption and reach), brand awareness, lead generation, and user engagement;
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media;
- Stay up to date with developments and generate new ideas to draw members’ attention.
- 4-5 years of work experience as a Content Manager;
- Ideally with a degree in Communications, Marketing, Design, or a related field;
- Excellent understanding and ability to create intuitive customer journeys online;
- Excellent written English and ability to edit texts;
- Excellent understanding of web publishing and HTML;
- Expertise with using SEO and web traffic metrics;
- Experience with social media engagement strategies;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to generate creative ideas;
- Attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills;
- Native-level written and spoken English is essential;
- Familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, Indesign, Canva) is essential.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Open to working as part of a multi-cultural and diverse team;
- Proactive and committed, able to work autonomously and as part of a team but take responsibility for projects and drive them forward;
- An outgoing, open personality, who is reliable and rigorous.
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious team;
- A stimulating work environment in a fast-growing global organisation.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter, which includes examples of your work (sites created/managed), to email@example.com.
*WFA reserves the right to keep CVs and cover letters for six months and contact potential candidates should other positions arise. After six months, WFA will delete all information relating to corresponding candidatures.