Deputy Customer Insight Director
Job locationParis, Île-de-France, France (On-site)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionPurpose of the role
Within the Media Research Image department, LVMH is seeking a Deputy Customer Insight Director that will accompany the Global Customer Research director and Global Brand Officer in providing valuable analyses to LVMH top management and LVMH maisons in terms of Brand desirability/image and Customer understanding.
Brand Equity tracking
• For each sector (Women Fashion, Men Fashion, Jewelry, Watches), together with the research executives involved, coordinate the yearly studies at all stages from the sample definition and questionnaire design to the reporting.
• Drive the research agency and put the right protocol in place to ensure fieldwork quality.
• Take part in the delivery of the analysis to the various stakeholders within the maisons.
• Ensure we collaborate with the right partners: investigate alternative solutions from different research partners if/when necessary.
Innovative approaches to brand equity measurement
• Beyond the traditional study-based approach, investigate new sources of data collection either customer-centric or by implementing other methodologies (e.g., Social listening).
Brand Ad Hoc studies
• Support LVMH maisons in the implementation of brand specific studies (e.g., Brand Audit)
• Identify the right methodology to answer the needs, support the maisons in putting together the RFP and conduct the market review
• Liaise with the identified research agency to ensure a high-level delivery of the research outcome.
Market deep dives
• Understand the evolving emotional and rational needs and expectations of luxury customers as a whole/by sector in a given market (e.g, China, USA, Japan…).
• By division, implement the right study design from the qualitative phase (if necessary) to the quantitative study to provide a deep understanding (and sizing) of the different profiles of customers. Such study will support the Maisons’ CMOs and their teams in developing the right brand content and distribution strategy.
Long term media contribution
• In collaboration with the Deputy Media Research Director, investigate and develop solutions to measure the impact of communication touchpoints on brand desirability to complement current business performance (short term) approaches already in place.
Positioning of the role
This is a new position to reinforce the department expertise with regards to Desirability measurement and Customer understanding.
The Deputy Customer Research Director will report to the Global Customer Research Director and will manage a team of 3 members (1 research manager, 1 senior research executive, 1 research executive).
In his/her position, he/she will work alongside the Deputy Media Research Director that manages all media (paid/own/earned) related analyses: competitive, performance, usage & attitudes.
He/she will also work in collaboration with the Customer Research leads located in USA and Asia.
Main contact points
Global Customer Research Director and Global Brand Officer (head of the department)
Team members (direct reports and others) within the Research team at within Media Research Image team at large
LVMH maisons: Consumer Insights teams, Communication and Image teams
Primarily research institutes but also other analytics partners such as Social listening players.
Desired Training / Education and Professional Experience
Minimum 10 years working experience in a research environment, either at research institutes or client level with a minimum of 5 years at agency level
Experience of the luxury industry preferable (or at a minimum a clear demonstration of affinity with the sector)
Proven experience both in quantitative and qualitative research techniques
Proven experience in Brand Equity and Segmentation studies
Excellent written and oral communication skills (also in English)
Excellent organizational and management skills, with a sharp eye for details
Person should be articulate, confident and highly analytical
People oriented & able to work well under pressure
Proactive self-starter who strives for results
Available for occasional travel