Digital and Social Excellence Advisor
Job locationBeijing, China
Region of responsibilityAPAC
DescriptionAs a specialist consultant across digital and social within China, you will enable world class content creation, drive and help develop channel strategy, push the boundaries of our digital and social platforms and deliver innovation within China.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing, too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in
As Shell pursues its ambitions towards net zero emissions, the role of the Shell brand will be even more important in continuing to build trust, loyalty and credibility among our employees, customers, business partners and stakeholders.
Digital Excellence Advisors will serve a fundamental role by delivering strategic counsel across digital and social projects to ensure best in class methodology and content effectiveness. Situated within the Digital and Social CoE, we set the Shell group strategy across all digital and social media platforms. This team ensures we can deliver unparalleled customer experiences while ensuring the stewardship of the Shell brand in digital channels. We work closely with some of the largest technology platforms in the world to maximize the performance of our content, and with a broad remit for innovation which delivers material impact on business performance.
Our team of advisors bring expert knowledge and experience across web, email, app and social media marketing.
What’s the role?
As a Digital Excellence Advisor for China, you will be the vanguard for Brand Standards at the market level by ensuring consistent and high-quality output across digital and social channels through a continuous improvement model and common process using our content marketing platform. Partnering closely with key stakeholders across all lines of business and functions within China, you will ensure our central digital and social strategies are market-relevant, while also advocating central guidelines within region.
You will enable our digital excellence model by being the focal point for social channel requests and emerging technologies from China, sharing market priorities with the central Products and Innovation team and promoting and enabling the CoE’s technologies and solutions at a local level.
Your role will include:
- Providing best-in-class counsel to prioritised markets, lines of business and functions for digital and social platforms, including content formats, campaign channel strategy, channel functionalities, audiences and user journeys.
- Training and guiding stakeholders through a common process by being responsible for the success and adoption of the CMP tool across market businesses and functions.
- Developing and owning the annual market maturity model for digital and social to enable and drive improvements in content effectiveness.
- Partnering with the central strategy team on the development and optimisation of guidelines for region-specific channels.
- Partnering with the digital delivery team (Accenture) to meet targets, including prioritisation of marketing activities to ensure deadlines are met with high quality outputs, in line with business expectations.
- Leading the local roll out of new technologies and platforms related to digital and social channels.
- Managing and advising stakeholders on the rollout of ‘multisite content’ packages across our websites at a local market level.
What we need from you?
- Engage and inspire – Motivate everyone through connecting to a shared purpose.
- Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
- Maximise performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
- Substantial and comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing, especially within China, with a clear and proven passion for the industry.
- Digital communications expert, with comprehensive experience in managing websites and social media campaigns.
- Exposure to CMP tool implementation or previous user experience of a CMP or process tool.
- Proven experience with content management systems, including Adobe Experience Manager, Sprinklr and Newscred.
- Working knowledge of digital and social analytics, able to interpret reports and dashboards across a variety of tools.
- Thorough knowledge of SEO and social media optimisation.
- Exposure to running local marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of direct email marketing and push messaging solutions and campaigns.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Professional working language proficiency in Mandarin.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence outcomes at a senior level.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).