Director, Precision Marketing
Director, Precision Marketing
CompanyJohnson & Johnson
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionJohnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Precision Marketing (Squad Lead) to be based in Skillman, NJ, Fort Washington, PA or New York, NY.
The Director, Precision Marketing, leads a cross-functional squad to develop and enable the Precision capability globally within regions and markets and their partners. The squad leader sets the agenda with regional leads, assesses market maturity and develops the roadmap for ROI improvement by identifying, integrating and operationalizing precision workflows, capabilities and decision support tools around jobs to be done between brand and media agency for high-value audience (HVA) planning, delivery management, supply chain optimization and creative optimization across owned content and media touchpoints. Squad members include representation from Data Science & Digital Analytics, Media Operations, Privacy & Data Compliance and Technology.
The Precision Squad will define a consistent operating model and metrics to enable HVA planning, reduce waste, evaluate delivery and value of context so that every impression counts. The Director will lead the charge by marshaling resources within Media Operations and Data Science & Digital Analytics, among others, who will be responsible for tool development, data integration, audience development.
Key deliverables include:
- HVA-led precision media activation & workflows – Identify processes, workflows and capabilities to map precision needs against E2E media execution: audiences (data valuation) & delivery (sufficiency, reach/freq), inventory (context & waste management), dynamic creative/content delivery and impact (ROI). Partner with regions to embed framework and progress against their roadmaps. Oversee agency precision activation and optimization across paid channels (programmatic, search, social, etc.)
- 1PD acquisition strategy, CRM activation & personalization – Identify requirements for technology, data and workflow improvements locally to drive global roadmap. Consolidate needs from consumers HCPs for CRM and personalization, build key technology partnerships & incorporate into brand building and campaign planning guidance.
- Analytics & Performance – With Data Science & Digital Analytics, agencies and JJT, develop requirements for reporting for media activation (ROI & Proxy measures) based on regional needs to enable E2E “performance model.” Develop agile performance model and workflows (KPIs, baselines, opportunity value, cadence and next best action) integrated to J3 and brand planning & execution. Develop strategies, set targets and monitor progress across personalizing media targeting, addressible creative, CRM and websites. Evaluate cross-market ROIs for opportunities and best practices.
- Creative capabilities, Workflows and Training -- Identify dynamic content optimization capabilities and scaling opportunities cross-channel to lead with creative excellence; link to site and/or owned platforms. Streamline tools, processes and sources for easy, actionable insights and real-time utility. Upskilling marketers on HVAs, planning and precision model. Coordinate global learning plan, best practices and priorities and Community of Practice.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s or MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive commercial leadership experience, with a strong track record of business results and organizational leadership. CPG experience as a marketer, publisher/partner or via an agency is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of people management experience is required.
- Track record of marketing leadership success, identifying and implementing new business opportunities, measuring and delivering in-market results.
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking ability to set a vision, identify new opportunities, develop new ways of working, pinpoint solutions to complex problems and overcome obstacles
- Proven leadership ability to motivate and manage cross-functional teams across a matrix organization
- Exceptional business communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate complex messages to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to shape, audience-first, data-driven media strategies, delivery, measurement and optimization.
- Deep understanding of various identity solutions, ad tech capabilities and the media buying and delivery ecosystem, digital and media analytics, and optimization, across both creative and the media supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully and build relationships with internal teams, suppliers and agencies is required.
- Experience in Professional marketing, Customer Marketing, Loyalty solutions is preferred.
- Experience working with Legal, Regulatory, Procurement, as well as global internal and external partners is preferred.
- Coaching/mentoring skills to develop marketers is required; a team-builder with a passion for working with creative people is mandatory
- This position may require up to 15% travel domestic and/or international.
- This position may be located in Skillman, NJ, Fort Washington, PA or New York, NY.