Director, Product Management
Job locationWaterloo, Walloon Region, Belgium (Hybrid)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management
The Digital issuing team focuses on driving overall transaction volume and profitable revenue growth for Mastercard's portfolios. This group actively collaborates with internal teams across Mastercard, and external parties including customers (issuers) and new strategic alliance partners (FinTech) to build innovative product solutions focused on capturing current and future card spending volume.
This individual will contribute to the digital products development and management at the regional level and drive the narrative around the Pay Now solutions.
He will play a senior role in setting the Digital Issuing growth strategy and developing an innovation agenda for Digital consumer Products in the Region, in line with Mastercard’s Global strategy.
- The individual will drive ideation conception, business plan development, research and validation of ideas and implementation of new Digital programs and features that support the MasterCard offering. This individual will lead on various initiatives including:
- Develop strategic business plans for Digital products growth and new products within the region, including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs.
- Develop relevant local market business models (interchange, rules, rights, product requirements)
- Responsible for evaluating and applying market research and directing opportunity assessments on new ideas and concepts.
- Lead in the development of portfolio management tools including portfolio segmentation, acquisition best practices
- Leverage both our Maestro and Debit MasterCard products as appropriate
- ATM and POS activation strategies and sustainable POS engagement tools and tactics.
- Protection of domestic revenue from local debit players and proliferation of domestic switches
- Supporting the European Debit Advisory Committee and providing expert support and guidance on debit related matters.
- Low value payment initiatives
- Thought leadership
- New market entry opportunities
- Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for MasterCard and suggest action steps as required. Lead the development of innovated and differentiated debit products to meet current and emerging needs of MasterCard customers and the market
- Develop and tailor portfolio P&L’s to support individual issuer business cases for pro-active portfolio management and optimization activities.
- Responsible for strategy implementation, program ideation, execution and results tracking and analysis.
- Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development to be shared with Product Sales, Account Teams and Customers
- Leads a cross-functional process with marketing, communications and region colleagues to support launch of new features, programs and promotions.
- Key contributor to the vision of Global Debit Product responding “locally” and leveraging “globally.”
- Experience in payments management
- Leadership experience in product management and development
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
- Product/ Marketing experience with a mix in B-2-B and B-2-C Direct Marketing
-Strong business acumen with the ability to provide creative solutions that drive positive results to both the customer and MasterCard
- Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
- Expertise in customer acquisition, activation, usage, retention
- Strong analytical skills with regard to P&L development and ownership
- Leadership skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, form a vision, set direction and gain commitment of others to achieve goals and overcome obstacles
- Ability to turn qualitative and quantitative data and information analysis into actionable 'insights'
- Customer management and interaction skills
- Team player and achievement oriented
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.