Director of Media Investments and Partnerships
Job locationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Region of responsibilityAmericas
DescriptionUnilever is home to iconic brands such as Dove, AXE, Magnum, Hellmann’s, and Klondike. On any given day, over 2 billion people around the world use our products.
The Director of US Media Investments and Partnerships is part of Unilever’s Global Media organization and is responsible for managing the investment strategy and implementation across all US media platforms and channels. This role has oversight of our agency investment team and media partner relationships, in addition to working with global investment counterparts in developing regional and global investment deals.
This media position serves as the in-house media investment expert and requires strong collaboration and leadership across the Unilever Enterprise, ranging from Marketing and Sales to Consumer Insights and Finance. The role requires strong industry relationships as well as active external leadership and engagement across industry organizations on key media and digital ecosystem topics. The ideal candidate shares our belief in purpose driven brands, the responsible use of media and is passionate about innovations that improve the lives of our customers, the environment and an equitable society.
The Position manages a team of five and reports to the Vice President of Media and Digital Engagement for North America. The role is based in the Englewood Cliffs, NJ, we are currently operating a hybrid model and support a flexible working environment.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Responsible for the US investment strategy
- Oversight of the Unilever investment approach encompassing all channels and platforms including retail media partners. The role will partner with the internal stakeholders and agency media planning team to align investment and holistic planning strategies along with performance and measurement evaluation.
- Responsible for go to market approach and ongoing investment management across all media, partnering with the media agency on marketplace negotiations/deals and performance evaluation (e.g., Total Media Post, audience guarantees, audit partners), delivery of accountability standards (e.g., viewability, fraud) and Unilever’s Responsibility
Framework (e.g., brand safety etc.).
- Provide thought-leadership on the biddable and performance media marketplace, developing strategy and implementation in partnership with the media agency and consumer insights team.
- Collaborate with broader media team within NA and the globe on managing and nurturing media partnerships and innovation exploration.
Drive Integration of eCom and Performance investment strategy
- Lead retail media management, providing media expertise to deliver operational excellence in planning, investment, optimization and reporting. Responsible for oversight of the media agency on the development of retail media planning, investment and optimization strategies that create and capture demand.
- Partner with media agency and Shopper teams on the development of media principles, budget setting guidance and measurement plans.
- Collaborate with the agency and Shopper teams in the development of scorecards with our retail partners to accelerate media standards, data engagement, reporting and ad product development.
Media Data Management
- Play leadership role in partnering across the Unilever enterprise to strengthen our 1P Data Driven Marketing approach and strategy, encompassing the collection, management and usage of 1P data across traditional & retail media and CRM.
- Collaborate with internal leaders, media agency and third-party partners in Unilever’s approach and engagement to 1P and 3rd party data audiences, partnerships and management.
- Active external leadership role across industry organizations and topics (e.g., Cross Measurement) and partner with Unilever leaders on industry associations (GARM, ANA, MMA).
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related field (Master’s Degree welcomed)
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years of media investment experience and working knowledge of the retail media landscape
- Strong grasp of Data Driven & Performance Marketing and Audience Management and evaluation
- Strong communication, people and collaboration skills
- Pioneering spirt and ability to explore and embrace new trends and unknown approaches
- Attention to detail and execution