Events Coordinator & Office Assistant
Job locationWFA's HQ is in Brussels with offices in New York, London, and Singapore. This is a hybrid role (both remote and in office) based in Brussels. In addition, it's expected that there will be occasional domestic and international travel associated with this role.
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWFA champions more effective and sustainable marketing communications. Originally founded in 1953, the WFA has experienced excellent growth, doubling our membership in the past 5 years.
WFA is a global organisation representing the common interests of marketers. It is the voice of marketers worldwide, representing 90% of global marketing communications spend, roughly US$900 billion per annum.
WFA connects over 140 of the world's biggest brand owners and national advertiser associations in more than 60 markets, which bring together tens of thousands of brands at local level. Together, they create a global network which offers a unique source of leadership, expertise, and inspiration.
About the team
WFA has a small but growing team based in four markets; headquartered in Brussels, with personnel in London, Singapore, and New York. Our team is made up of highly motivated people of a variety of nationalities led by the Chief Executive (Stephan Loerke).
As a team we aim to emulate, and exceed, the professional practices of our members. Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, we operate in a business environment and are rewarded based on success.
Currently, we are seeking an Events Coordinator & Office Assistant with excellent organisation skills who can assist our events team and maintain smooth operations at our Brussels headquarters.
As an Events Coordinator & Office Assistant, you will organise online meetings and webinars, as well as provide support with face-2-face forums and conferences, office parties and corporate trips. You will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. The role is primarily hands-on and often involves working as part of a team.
The ideal person for the job is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. The successful candidate is digitally savvy and will have previous experience in event management, performing administrative duties and working in an office environment.
• Organise virtual meetings and webinars for the Marketing team:
o Keeping track of the event calendar
o Publishing webpage and manage registrations
o Send invitations
o Managing back-end logistics e.g. on our CRM
o Basic video editing and publishing
o Attendance/feedback reporting
• Provide support with in-person meetings for the Marketing team:
• Provide support when necessary for PA meetings, comms, back-end hosting, and post meeting documentation circulation.
• Provide support when required with the management and renewal of Parliament accreditations (Policy team)
• Support the events team from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives for the following events:
o WFA’s Global Marketer Week conference
o NAC & LATAM meetings
o Forum Connect meetings
o Staff events including the Away Day and the Christmas Party
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Provide support when required to plan travel, book accommodation, flights, hotels, and coordinating activities for staff.
• Assisting with any travel related issues that may arise.
Office Assistant responsibilities:
• Be the first point of contact at reception to greet all visitors and staff.
• Oversee general office operations, maintaining appearance of common areas, sorting of mail, shipping packages, and monitoring of multiple email inboxes.
• Oversee office operations, responding to office requests and questions from the WFA team.
• Participate actively in the planning and execution of internal company events.
• Coordinate with external IT to ensure that all IT equipment is properly maintained.
• Being the point of contact for suppliers and ensuring office supplies and resources are restocked.
• Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time in collaboration with the Finance Manager.
• Manage staff benefits including weekly lunches and birthday presents.
• Responsible for providing office orientation to new employees.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Personal abilities & experience
• Proven experience as an events or other relevant administrative support experience.
• Experience working within budgets.
• Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to organise and coordinate multiple projects at once.
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information accordingly.
• Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge.
• A competitive salary and benefits package.
• The opportunity to join a dynamic, and ambitious team.
• A stimulating work environment in a fast-growing global organisation.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, please apply by emailing us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com