Global Initiative Manager
Job locationAmsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands (Hybrid)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionThe Global Initiative Manager within Consumer Beauty Color Cosmetics and Fragrances takes responsibility for a given portfolio of projects and influence the activities of a multi-functional team who, together, develop and execute an initiative within the context of an Initiative Masterplan (IMP) from idea through to launch. The Global Initiative manager operate as the ‘orchestra conductor’ helping to drive collaboration in defining and executing the project plan (Critical Path Schedule) with colleagues in Category Marketing, Artwork, Supply, Procurement and R&D and bring their expertise in Innovation systems and processes to deliver outstanding, breakthrough project results.
The Global Initiative manager is the source of truth on project 360 readiness (commercial, financial, technical) and ensure that risks and issues are pro-actively identified and mitigated through their facilitation of the multi-functional project team and adherence to the technical and commercial qualification activities. They collaborate closely with Site Initiative Leaders in Supply who take responsibility for the product execution project plan once designs are locked and committed – although the Global Initiative manager maintain accountability in the end-to-end innovation process.
The Global Initiative manager operate through influence to guide and coach the teams through the stage gate process and in the correct use of tools and techniques owned by Initiative Management Team.
In this role, a GIM:
- Manages their portfolio of projects through the development of a project plan (CPS) and brings together the multi-functional team to work collaboratively and pro-actively progress the agreed work
- Co-ordinates the review of readiness of an initiative, working closely with Category Marketing, R&D/Supply/Procurement and Marketing Finance
- Frames and communicates project questions to facilitate informed and agile decision taking
- Applies the standard Supply operating strategy matrix to recommend finished good sourcing approach
- Ensures issues and risks are pro-actively identified and brought to the attention of the project team for mitigation or resolution. - Elevates project issues to IM Segment Director for visibility and support in resolution when needed.
- Co-ordinates the formal Alert Process with global teams when a critical issue arises. Brings the project team together in crisis collaboration if needed.
- Portfolio of projects can include: Innovation/new launches; Gross Margin Improvement projects; Regulatory compliance projects; Preservation projects
What You’ll Bring
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Proven track record on managing projects and delivering on time, on cost and on quality
- Proven experience in delivering projects as leader and/or member of a multi-functional team
- 2-3 years project management experience – familiarity with CPS/Project Planning, standard project management toolbox
- Experience in operating in a matrix structure and across borders
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Understanding of new product development processes & stage gate approach
- Understanding of MRP system logic
- Exposure to production environment & interaction of packaging, process, manufacturing
- Strong Microsoft excel & Microsoft project capability
Required skills/demonstrated behaviors:
- Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability
- Is autonomous, action-orientated and pragmatic
- Is committed to deliver results, goes after the stretch target
- Takes conscious and calculated risks
- Makes fast decisions balancing intuition and facts
- Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints
- Embraces and accelerates change in a fast-paced environment
- Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement
- Demonstrates relevant business knowledge & financial awareness
- Is dedicated to driving the business in a profitable & sustainable way
- Guides others through change by example
- Adapts leadership style to situations & people, finds the right balance between delegation & control
- Gives constructive & actionable feedback to improved performance & development
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on your qualities and experience;
- Bonus plan based on your performance and company results;
- Attractive benefits packages;
- A healthy, fresh and sustainable lunch for a discounted price;
- A brand new building in the business area of Amsterdam-Zuid. The office is designed to maximize your performance, based on the new ways of working.
We’re Coty, one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. Coty’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
About The Department
In Consumer Beauty, we are currently in process to drive turnaround and value creation on our most Iconic brands under the leadership of our CEO Sue Y. Nabi. This transformation effort includes re-centering our innovation program on strong consumer centricity, leveraging emergent needs and trends to drive Brand value creation and fixing what is limiting growth. David Beckham, James Bond, Adidas and Mexx journey in Europe will be pivotal to fuel growth in years to come. An once in a lifetime opportunity of which you could now be part of!
At Coty, we believe in equality and inclusion for all, and stand together with those fighting for freedom, justice, and equal rights regardless of who you are or who you love.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.