Global Media Director
Global Media Director
Job locationBasel, Switzerland
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionBayer is a Life Science company with a more than 150-year history and core competencies in the areas of healthcare and agriculture. With our innovative products, we are contributing to finding solutions to some of the major challenges of our time.
We believe that a growing and aging world population needs better and more sustainable solutions for health and nutrition. Data and digital technologies offer tremendous opportunities to better fulfill our purpose of empowering the transformation of everyday health.
We are transforming our business to deliver on this purpose. We’re Advancing Digital.
We are redefining our value chain and how we interact with consumers and stakeholders. Consumers are empowered and demand personalized and holistic health options; value chain processes are being digitalized and shortened; digital channels increase reach and targeting of consumers and HCPs.
Would you like to join us on our journey of empowering the transformation of everyday health through advancing digital?
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the global media team and collaborate with the Region in developing BCH global media strategy, defining global KPI & advance our measurement approach
• Drive & Accelerate Digital media excellence adoption, leading search, programmatic and audience adoption, partnering with Media platforms & Digital Creative Excellence team to elevate Digital Creative and foster innovation in collaboration with the markets/regions to improve media effectiveness.
• Plays a fundamental role in upskilling brand integrated communications strategy and planning in close partnership with our Marketing Excellence, Category and Regional Teams.
• Lead and develop Global Media agency & Digital/Tech partner relationships in collaboration with our Digital, Business IT and Procurement team.
1. Global Media Strategy & Operation
• Lead BCH Global Media strategy in collaboration with the Regions and digital champions, enabling Bayer Consumer Health to drive media effectiveness via maximizing consumer connections & aligning fit for purpose Digital platform strategy.
• Lead Global Search & Programmatic best practice adoption across regions and shape BCH Adtech & Digital Platform strategy to accelerate our data driven & personalize marketing ambition
• Foster Innovation and test & learn culture across the organization and support the Data / Tech team in accelerating our Consumer Data Strategy
2. Global Media Excellence & best practice
• Accelerate digital media excellence adoption by defining and scaling global media principles as well as channel guidelines in collaboration with the regions.
• Upscale BCH media & content operating model across Brand and regions, with a view to optimize internal and external resources, as well as media investments (>$500M)
• Lead Global Media & Digital KPI setting & tracking and Measurement agenda in partnership with the Analytic & Strategic Insight team and the Regional Digital community, with the goal of maximizing BCH media efficiency and effectiveness and overall media ROI
3. Global Media Relationship & Partnership
• Develop & shape strategic partnerships and joint business plans with global media and tech partners (e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon…)
• Work with Digital team to ensure precision marketing is fully embedded in global media agencies strategic planning and execution
• Identify new Media & Tech innovation pipeline, advising regions and markets on fit for purpose media team structure and agency model.
WHO YOU ARE
• Be an experienced Senior-Level leader within Media-Management (>15 years) with strong understanding of media & digital functions at a global, regional and local level
• Significant Experience in FMCG/ consumer health industry
• Strong understanding of programmatic & media buying platforms and overall Media & Tech ecosystems.
• Extensive business experience in the media & digital industry, either within an international Media Agency leading media strategy & planning for large global clients or in the Media/Digital department of a large global FMCG / Consumer Health company.
• Experience in helping brands develop integrated communications and engagement programs at a global/Regional level with specific focus on Digital, in a matrix organization
• Have an in-depth knowledge about the evolving media landscape and changes in consumer habits
• Experience leading strategic partnerships with external agencies /tech partners
• Strong leadership experience with both direct and indirect report management
• Thought leadership and strategic thinking and deep experience presenting & influencing C-level stakeholder
• Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional & cross markets teams in a matrix and decentralized environment