Global Media and Advertising Procurement Manager
Job locationAmsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands (On-Site)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionThe Media and Advertising Procurement Manager will be responsible to drive effectiveness and efficiency our media and advertising spend. Final purpose is to extract value (quality of service and cost) from our A&P investment while driving superior topline growth.
This role has been conceived keeping into account the evolution of the marketing industry and the blurred lines within the topline categories (eg social, retail media, e-commerce, martech). The allocation between the 2 categories is approximately Media 70% and Advertising 30% and it is reflective of the estimated effort still it remains directional. We expect the individual to be able to create synergies between media and advertising by focusing on the following areas and activities
- Media Transparency support the deployment of initiatives such as media audits (trading, compliance, pool audits) and ad verification to ensure we maximise the impact of our media investment by reducing waste while guaranteeing quality;
- Martech identify and manage, in partnership with IT and the relevant business partners, the best in class tools that allows to operate/report media campaigns and owned social activities as well as manage scope of works of our media and creative agencies;
- Agencies Management identify and manage in full autonomy social/community management/ PR agencies in close partnership with social media/PR leads. Provide support with management of media, digital and creative agencies in close collaboration with the media director and media&advertising director.
- E-commerce/retail media support initiatives/projects aimed to integrate in our ecosystem e-comm specialist agencies, strike partnerships with key publishers and data solutions providers to drive our retail media strategy.
Media and particularly Digital Media is an everchanging landscape due to the disruptive technologies, so this new member of the Global Procurement Team must understand this fast-paced market to continuously optimize brand performance.
It is essential to ensure that we have the right balance between driving innovation and delivering ROI through effective A&P investment optimization. Effective global sourcing and supplier relationship management strategies will leverage scale and maximize agency performance. This will be achieved through ensuring that the agencies, acting for Danone across the world, are delivering Danone’s business needs, striving for continuous improvement and developing new ad tech capabilities.
- Fostering efficiency and effectiveness of the media spend. Constantly reassessing traditional and digital media buying, introducing new ways of managing technology stacks;
- Deploying and leading commercial relationships with digital/media/social/data sourcing solutions partners
- Capturing supplier led innovation from Tech Houses, Media Publishers and media, social and advertising agencies;
- Forging strong relationships with the business to understand market pressures, transformation challenges and opportunities and accelerate growth across all divisions;
- Developing new innovative sourcing strategies identifying opportunities based on business needs;
- Ensure compliance to Danone’s business principles, policies and standards.
Given the pace of change of the media and advertising industry you will need to have a strong commitment to continuous learning and skill development.
- 8+ years professional marketing procurement experience. You have worked in either a global or regional marketing procurement role within a large matrix organization. Specifically you have relevant media industry experience (eg Media procurement combined with Media Marketing and/or media agency/media auditing).
- You have a sound understanding of both the media planning and buying as well as of the digital media and ad tech.
- You have experience of working within a complex environment. You are collaborative and well-versed in forging strong alliances in order to support business growth.
- You have highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- You have a strategic vision combined with the ability to be hands on/entrepreneurial, you are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and are able to bring clarity and structure.
- You have excellent negotiation skills and work and act in a fact-based manner.
- You have an analytical mindset and bring a high level of financial acumen.
- You are fluent in English, French would be an asset.
- Experience within the e-commerce space and/or retail media, S&I/ and IT categories is a plus.
Please contact Anna Anitova, Talent Aquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
We invite you to apply online. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, please apply directly via Share.