Manager, Global Marketing - Thayers
Job locationNew York, NY (On-site)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionA legacy brand, Thayers Natural Remedies elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations – for 170 years to be exact. Through a long-standing commitment to creating pure, effective, cruelty-free products of the highest natural quality, Thayers has a beloved customer community. L’Oreal is proud to expand awareness of this cult-favorite beauty secret.
As a Global Marketing Manager for Thayers, you will take a lead role in developing the future of this cherished brand. Responsibilities include refining and conceptualizing the brand equity, developing new products and creating exciting consumer-centric content.
- Create and execute 3-year strategic launch and animation plan, ensuring brand equity is upheld across global marketplace
- Partner with Consumer Insights team to create relevant studies to inform product positioning and innovation strategy
- Manage assigned product portfolio with end-to-end accountability
- Participate in the international expansion of the brand
- Product Launch Management
- Understand and decode trends and incorporate into projects
- Responsible for the creative and innovative concepts that target unique consumer insights, address business needs and meets Brand DNA
- Manage the end-to-end project launch (insights, formula direction, packaging design, artwork, merchandising, launch strategy etc) and work with cross functional teams ensure comprehensive and on-time 360 launch
- Ensure the feasibility and profitability of projects
- Work with countries and zones to expand the brand and ensure projects are attractive locally
- Assess project performance based on market feedback and business results
- Identify ways to refresh products and maintain competitive edge
- Advertising and Communication Development
- Work with cross functional partners and agencies to:
- Create integrated brief for brand and innovations
- Work with content team to plan creative content for newness and animations
- Ensure content meets the Brand DNA
- Strongly developed and executed product launches that demonstrate an expertise and out of the box thinking in the skincare space
- Deliver on-time to markets
- Local market adoption of launch strategy
- 5+ years of related business experience
- Prior experience in Global Marketing/Product Innovation. Experience in Global Marketing with exposure to international markets highly desired.
- Consumer package goods or beauty industry experience is preferred
- Experience working collaboratively with R&I on a new product or renovation
- Experience successfully launching and managing a new product or renovation through its entire life cycle
- Experience briefing and managing external creative agencies to bring a creative concept to life.
- Experience working with market research teams on quantitative and qualitative consumer studies to generate product and usage insights
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Experience managing challenging projects that may not have been successful
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Presentation skills: ability to tell compelling brand and product stories and influence internal and external stakeholders through persuasive presentations both verbally and visually
- Leadership skills: ability to demonstrate leadership within team, cross functional partners, and local country teams
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Strong passion and sensitivity to the skincare market
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.