Manager Global Marketing Procurement: Event+Shopper+Promotions
CompanyThe Coca-Cola Company
Job locationTokyo, Japan
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWe empower our employees to challenge the status quo, make bold recommendations, experiment, and adapt, so we can grow together and make a great business even better. This position provides guidance, leadership and direction for contracts and categories for a local region. This role will work with key members of our Supply Chain teams to ensure that all sourcing initiatives and strategies are aligned with business requirements. We’re looking for an individual that has keen negotiating skills and an ability to drive results that effect the bottom line.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Management of supplier relationships and contracting in local region, acting as subject matter expert for manufacturing contracts which includes knowledge of market capabilities, economic cost drivers, supplier financials and market competition.
- Negotiate, implement, and manage long-term strategic contracts to ensure optimum costs and reliable supply and develop a pipeline of qualified potential contract manufacturers capable of meeting the current and future business requirements of the business.
- Develop and implement procurement processes inclusive of short- and long-term category strategy development and execution of market RFPs.
- Develop, prioritize and manage cost savings through productivity and continuous improvement initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Benchmark supply alternatives to competitively position best cost solutions and develop make vs buy models.
- Ensure all contract manufacturing relationships are governed by contracts that align with corporate mandates and support key business requirements while ensuring continuity of supply at the lowest total delivered cost. Assess supplier and platform risks and develop appropriate contingency plans.
- Develop relationships and support the integration of new emerging brands and products to ensure integration into the supply chain.
- Build consensus and drive alignment amongst key stakeholders in support of procurement initiatives and programs (sourcing, implementation, compliance)
- Establish the necessary routines with suppliers to manage quality, delivery, pricing, lead-time, stocking programs, and other performance criteria in support of the business. Develop supplier relationships at highest management levels in order to leverage the relationship when necessary to resolve issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or another related field.
- 5+ years of manufacturing and/or procurement experience in the CPG industry
- Proven track record in managing supply issues working across suppliers, senior leadership, and sourcing managers to mitigate supply continuity.
- Experience in data collection methods. Must be able to analyze key procurement metrics to report results to senior management.
- Knowledge of/experience with operating environments, systems, and processes used in solution design and develop efforts.
- Knowledge of/experience with operating environments, systems, and processes and solution tools used in end to end Procurement Operations.
What We Can Do For You
- Iconic Brand: Work on the most recognized brand in the world and be part of developing the brands next chapter.
- Exposure to World Class Leaders: Availability to global leaders that will expand your network.
Global Sourcing; Category Management; Procurement Procedures; Budget Management; Competitive Market Analysis; Contracts; Microsoft Office; Communication; Buyer Representation; Supplier Relationship Management; Problem Solving; Low Cost Country Sourcing; Marketing Capabilities; Sourcing; Negotiation; Technical Category Procurement; Supplier Financial Analysis; Economic Cost Drivers; Continuous Improvement (CI)
Our Purpose And Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.