Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing
CompanyLevi Strauss & Co.
Job locationHQ-Office, San Francisco, CA, USA
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionYou’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
Our Global Strategic Sourcing team is seeking an experienced Category Manager to oversee procurement activities of our Advertising, Brand Experience, and Marketplace Insights groups, utilizing strategic sourcing methodologies to maximize the value from LS&Co.’s indirect supplier base in support of company objectives. You will report to the Sr. Director, Global Strategic Sourcing.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels as well as external supplier
- Develop a rolling 3 year global category strategy that aligns with business objectives - strategy includes but is not limited to, supply market analysis, price/service level benchmarking, sourcing events (RFP/e-auction), supplier negotiations, ongoing supplier relationship management
- Drive supplier cost and contract negotiations ensuring LS&Co. is competitive in the marketplace
- Build and maintain cross-functional stakeholder relationships
- Ensure that benefits from strategic sourcing activities are sustained and extended during the period of the contract
- Build and institutionalize market intelligence capabilities (people, database, information, analysis) within categories of focus, regarding key markets, suppliers, and solutions to support strategy development
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional staff for category team engagement
- Lead and coach sourcing analysts and sourcing support teams, where project support is required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of indirect sourcing experience, ideally within categories such as: Marketing, Technology, Data/Insights, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, swiftly becoming a trusted advisor to the business on all things sourcing related
- Experience working on business process improvement and/or strategy projects
- Ability to identify, recommend, and execute on different negotiation levers
- Capacity to be a change agent, demonstrating persistence and resiliencies when faced with challenges
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in procurement practices & technologies and market trends related to assigned categories of goods and services
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management abilities
- Experience working across a matrixed, global organization
- Strong presentation skills
- E-auction experience
- Experience with Procure-to-Pay technology solutions a plus
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.