Marketing Services Assistant
Job locationNew York, United States (Hybrid)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionJob Role - Junior Manager, Marketing Services
About the WFA
WFA represents 90% of global advertising spend. Its membership is made up of 130 of the biggest multinational companies as well as national association members in sixty countries around the world.
About the team
WFA has a small but growing team based in four markets (Brussels, London, Singapore, and New York). The staff is made up of highly motivated people of a variety of nationalities. Our candidate will be part of a team of seven and will report into the Senior Manager, Global Marketing Services.
WFA's marketing services team helps members in two key ways:
- We improve the effectiveness and efficiency of client-side marketing investment by leveraging the collective intelligence of the only global network of marketers;
- We develop and lead industry initiatives designed to improve the global marketing industry for clients and the whole ecosystem.
Practically this is delivered upon in a number of ways, including: interactive forums, working sessions, benchmarking, member research, online tools, best practice and advisory services. Industry leadership initiatives are typically driven through multi-stakeholder programmes and working groups.
As a team we aim to emulate, and exceed, the professional practices of our members. Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, we operate in a business environment and are rewarded based on success.
Our Marketing communities on integrated marketing communications, agency management and capability building bring together over 1,700 global client-side marketing leaders. These networks are a strategically important part of the WFA and have contributed greatly towards its growth. Due to this growth, we now need an additional team member to maintain, and build on, our levels of service to these expanding communities.
The role has huge growth potential and provides the right candidate with a fascinating opportunity to act as a conduit for a network of diverse personalities from variety of backgrounds around the world and drive projects that have the ambition of changing the industry.
The successful candidate would need to support the Senior Manager, Global Marketing Services in evolving the marketing functions within WFA and the wider industry. Our new colleague would do this through;
- Support in the organisation and delivery of events;
- Through capturing key learnings on member-led discussions;
- Member-facing support by responding to requests by leveraging the collective knowledge of the network. For example, through member surveys & benchmarks;
- Manage (CRM driven) communications and direct outreach to the membership on recent and upcoming WFA initiatives relevant to our marketing communities;
- Take responsibility for ensuring the marketing community CRM is up-to-date and accurate;
- Write and update content relevant to the group’s priorities (for example PPT presentations and reports);
- Work with industry partners at a global and local level, where relevant, on industry initiatives.
Personal abilities & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications or a related field or equivalent working experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in marketing communications with either an agency, consultancy, client or trade association background;
- Exposure to international markets highly valuable;
- Service-oriented mentality that prioritises responsiveness;
- Articulate, professional and with good presentation skills;
- Analytical skills in interpreting data, qualitative research and report writing, mainly in PowerPoint;
- Comfortable working autonomously;
- Curious by nature with the appetite to seek out new and innovative voices and solutions;
- Personable and highly collaborative;
- Ideally a balance of skills across data analysis and more nuanced qual research and report writing;
- Professional level English; Spanish or other languages a bonus.
WFA's HQ is in Brussels with offices in New York, London, and Singapore. This is a hybrid role (both remote and in office) based in NYC. In addition, it's expected that there will be occasional domestic and international travel associated with this role.
If you feel like this could be the role for you, please apply by emailing us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org