Membership Services Manager
Job locationWFA's HQ is in Brussels with satellite offices in London, Singapore and New York. The candidate could be based in any of these locations.
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWe are seeking a Membership Services Manager to be the primary point of contact for all membership-related matters. The role involves engaging and supporting existing WFA members, fostering the growth of membership and supporting the delivery of sponsorship packages at WFA conferences.
Job Title: Membership Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Membership Services
Department: Membership Services
Location: The primary location for the role is Brussels, WFA’s HQ; however, we would consider another location where one of our offices is situated for the right candidate.
WFA is a global organisation that unites the collective interests of marketers. We are the voice of marketers worldwide, representing 90% of global marketing communications spend, roughly US $900 billion per year. We connect over 150 of the world's biggest brands, and national advertiser associations from more than 60 markets. Together, they create a global network which offers a unique source of leadership, expertise and inspiration.
Founded in 1953, WFA has experienced excellent growth, doubling its membership in the past 5 years. Our vision is to transform the marketing industry to better meet the evolving needs and expectations of people and society, driving positive impact and lasting change.
About the team
WFA is a dynamic and growing organisation with a presence in key global markets. Headquartered in Brussels, our team extends across London, Singapore and New York, collectively representing a diverse blend of motivated professionals from various nationalities. Under the guidance of our Chief Executive, Stephan Loerke, we are driven by a commitment to emulate and surpass the professional practices of our members. Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, we operate in a business environment and are rewarded based on success.
Our core values
Our five core values lie at the heart of what we stand for, uniting us with a profound sense of responsibility as a cohesive team. These values underpin our strategic decisions and actions, cultivating an environment that is deeply rooted in integrity, collaboration, and innovation:
1. Put People First: we value and foster human connection and our members are at the core of everything we do.
2. Focus on What Matters: we channel our efforts and resources towards impactful endeavours that align with our vision and goals.
3. Cultivate Global Connections: we bring together a wealth of knowledge and talent, bridging cultural differences through collaboration and by building community.
4. Lead with Insight: armed with industry-leading insights, we spearhead change and innovation, setting new benchmarks in our field.
5. Be Honest and Challenging, in Service of Marketing: we embody honesty, embracing challenges to propel marketing solutions that redefine industry standards.
We are seeking a Membership Services Manager to be the primary point of contact for all membership-related matters. The role involves engaging and supporting existing WFA members, fostering the growth of membership and supporting the delivery of sponsorship packages at WFA conferences.
• Membership Engagement and Communication:
o Actively listen to members, identify their needs, and provide relevant information.
o Offer details on membership fees, policies, processes, and services.
o Conduct engaging presentations to promote membership services.
o Recommend services to members and potential members.
o Respond to phone calls and written queries and concerns regarding membership.
o Assess member eligibility and process applications, and requests.
• Account Management / Member Retention:
o Develop and implement strategies for member retention and growth.
o Handle account management to ensure member satisfaction and engagement.
o Investigate and resolve or escalate membership and payment issues.
• Member Acquisition:
o Drive initiatives to attract new members and expand the WFA community.
o Develop and execute business development plans for member acquisition.
• Industry Events:
o Attend relevant industry events to represent WFA and engage with current and potential members.
o Proficient networking and presentation skills at industry events.
o Travel and overnight stays may be required in line with business needs.
• Departmental Development:
o Contribute to growing and developing the Membership Services department and the broader WFA membership strategy.
o Contribute to business development strategies for the department and overall membership growth.
• Team Inbox Management:
o Manage the team inbox, ensuring timely responses and resolution of queries, diverting emails to relevant team members.
• Database/CRM Maintenance:
o Document all inquiries and maintain accurate membership records within the CRM.
o Maintain and update the WFA's online database/CRM.
o Process membership applications and update membership collateral.
o Refine and streamline administrative processes.
o Manage bespoke and mass membership communications.
o Undertake other membership administrative duties as required.
Personal abilities & experience
• Proven experience as an account management/customer relations role.
• Membership/industry experience.
• Knowledge of the marketing/advertising industry.
• Interest and passion for marketing.
• Strong presentation skills for business development activities.
• Project management experience: able to take ownership and lead projects.
• Some international experience and working with different cultures.
• Confident in commercial conversations, face-to-face and remotely.
• Excellent communication and partner management skills.
• Proactive and committed, able to work autonomously and as part of a team but take
responsibility for projects and drive them forward.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Speaks one additional EU language is preferred but not necessary.
• A competitive salary and benefits package.
• Hybrid working environment.
• Wellness window.
• Enhanced statutory holiday entitlement.
• The opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious team.
• A stimulating work environment in a fast-growing global organisation