Job locationSingapore, Singapore (Hybrid)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionBeam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits’ company...... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
We are looking for an Indirect Procurement Manager:
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF ROLE:
- The Indirect Procurement Manager (ASIA) is part of the Global Procurement function and is responsible for all sourcing requirements of Indirect goods and services required in Asia
- The job holder has responsibility for ensuring efficient sourcing on a range of services with an addressable spend totaling around 7 M USD annually across a supply base of approximately 200 vendors. Ensuring that Procurement ways of working and formal policies are in place locally, aligning with those at Global level
- Consistency of policies, common procedures and guarantee of service, ensuring compliance.
- There is a need of acting as a company ambassador, working to build key relationships between the suppliers and BSI, as well as aligning wow within all the International sub regions and Globally, being completely aligned with the overall corporate strategy and diverse functional strategies
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Involve in Cruise Deployment groups for all ASIA countries as well as EMEA countries beginning Sept 2021 included in the project covering Singapore, China, Korea, Australia &, NZ
Responsible for Cruise all related to Procurement SAP requirements:
- New vendors approver in SAP
- Ensure that Procurement Policy has been fulfilled before approving Purchase Orders above the fixed threshold ( + 50K USD )
- Ensure Sourcing for PR has followed guidelines and Procurement involvement set out in International Procurement Policy
- Determine need for contract if spend is above Procurement Policy threshold
- Ensure deviations from Net 60 terms are appropriate, acquire approval for terms other than Net 60
- Daily SAP check for POs that need approval
- Approves PO (if above Procurement Policy threshold) validating that fundamentals have been followed
- Provide support to transfer knowledge of Cruise III to the team.
- Expanded responsibility over 10 markets and expanded responsibilities in CN market and workload on global projects (e-Procurement).
- Expanding role to take on greater strategic regional stewardship of Project Evolution. Recently Chinas has asked officially through HR for support in Indirect. ML alone cannot cover it
- Support implementation of Indirect Procurement Strategy and procedures that are innovative, cost-effective and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within Beam Suntory across the region.
- Support formal Travel Agency review process in the region.
- Support implementation and future maintenance of new offices
- Administrative functions: Vendors Master Data - SAP PO´s, PO creation and Reporting.
- Maintain a trusted and long-term partnership with stakeholders.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Skills to manage and motivate work teams, reinforcing weaknesses and recognizing achievements.
- Experienced Negotiator.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing and direct negotiation with working knowledge of legal terms and conditions and constructing agreements.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Supply Chain & the impact that Purchasing has on it.
- Strong interpersonal with written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others within the business and develop partnerships with internal customers.
- Enthusiastic and pro-active with can-do attitude.
- Capable of planning and organizing a diverse workload, whilst managing changing priorities.
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines, ensuring line manager is updated on progress.
- Project management skills: manage projects from brief to completion.
- Committed to continuous improvement in processes, performance and personal development.
- Working knowledge and experienced in Purchase to Pay cycle.
- Proficient user of MS Office and SAP.
- All levels of the business from production staff to Senior Management.
- Procurement key contacts covers all areas of the business according to which category of purchases: Finance, GBS, Marketing, Commercial, Legal, IT, Compliance, HR, Master Data, etc.
- The job-holder will liaise with other BSI Procurement staff within International and in Americas.
- Will maintain a very close coordination relationship with his associates and peers in the region, adjusting to the requirements and specifications at International level.
Suppliers - all levels of indirect suppliers
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrable experience in Procurement and Business change projects of minimum five years in a fast moving and energetic Business environment.
- Experience in ERP environments, specifically SAP
- Fluency in English is required; desirable a second language skill.
- Availability to travel.