Public Affairs Intern
Public Affairs Intern
Job locationBrussels, Belgium
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionTheir primary responsibility will be to support the work of the WFA policy team, working specifically on sensitive issues relating to food and alcohol marketing and marketing to children.
The WFA team plays a progressive role in trying to align corporate practices with fast-changing societal and regulatory expectations. A big part of this is working closely with multi-national companies to develop, implement and enforce credible self-regulatory measures.
WFA is the lead global interface on these issues with key global and regional stakeholders, including WHO, OECD, UNICEF and the European institutions.
The successful candidate will play a central role in WFA's broader advocacy work with these organisations. They will also work closely with local industry coalitions around the world to help them devise best practice at national level and then champion these standards to local regulators.
The internship is for an initial six months but there is the possibility of a permanent position for the right candidate.
• 1-2 years’ work experience in a highly professional international environment, ideally with some experience of having worked with multi-national companies in the alcohol or food sectors;
• Native level written and spoken English;
• Passionate about current affairs, international politics and the role and responsibilities of business in a fast-changing society.
Profile of the ideal candidate:
• A multicultural profile, speaks ideally one additional EU language, knowledge of other major non-European languages is an additional asset;
• Proactive and committed, able to work autonomously and as part of a team but take responsibility for projects and drive them forward;
• An outgoing, open personality, service-minded, reliable, rigorous, excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A competitive intern salary and benefits package
• The opportunity to join a young, dynamic and ambitious team
• A stimulating work environment in a fast-growing global organisation
• A chance to help shape the future role of marketing communications in society.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Will Gilroy (firstname.lastname@example.org)