Sr Director Global Marketing Procurement: Media
CompanyThe Coca-Cola Company
Job locationLondon, England, United Kingdom
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWe are changing the face of marketing procurement. The Coca-Cola marketing organization is the best in the world and we are looking for a dynamic, connected leader to evolve the next chapter in how we approach our media agency relationships.
The role will lead teams to support our sourcing initiatives for global and OU activities across all media related DME. The role leads the key media agency relationships for the company and the delivery of the ME&E workstreams. This leader works very closely with the marketing operations and capability team on charter delivery and with the IMX leads and OU front line marketers at OU level. The role will partner closely with Marketing PACS teams to ensure connectivity across all data and technology workstreams involving media.
The bullseye of the role is to ensure we are partnering closely with the business to source best ‘fit for purpose’ partners to support the business strategy, bring the outside in and keep TCCC agency roster fresh and manage a team of talents to ensure excellent negotiations, contract management and ability to drive incremental value and extended ROI from all deals.
The leader will be responsible for $2bn spend and have a team of c.13 FTE to coach and develop to excel in this space. The team will identify opportunities, develop sourcing strategies, negotiate global contracts, and help marketers implement solutions that create uplift in business. This is a very hands-on role that will constantly evolve with the changing landscape.
This newly created role is a critical role in the new marketing procurement organization. The role reports to the VP Marketing Procurement and the candidate will be a key face of the team.
- Remit is Global and is responsible for strategies, business plans, relationships, and results
- As a people manager they will provide leadership across the function and support development both of direct reports and other potential talents and coach team in subject matter expertise growth
- Work closely with agency partners and be the source of truth on agency status, relationship and spend performance.
- Represent the function of marketing procurement internally and externally to support a progressive, modern and dynamic approach to business.
- Highly focused on executional excellence and results delivery
Innovation & Complexity
- Able to create or improve upon existing processes and systems or products to enhance performance
- Able to work well across multi-functions and as part of a global team
- Competent and comfortable with data and able to represent this in a way that is clearly understood in the business and drives action
- A strong problem solver and business able to identify and address root cause of the problem and recommend and own solutions
Communication & Influence
- Builds trusted relationships and able to work in partnership with all areas of marketing and finance
- Strong influencing ability to convince others within and outside of the organization to agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches impacting sub-functional/business strategy
- Requires ability to communicate with senior leadership on matters of significant importance
- Will be required to work across all OU’s and set standards and ways of working for the team
Skills & Experience
- The candidate will have held senior roles in agency or advertiser environments across planning and buying AV, outdoor, print and digital media, have led significant pitches at an agency or consultant organization or have strong procurement experience in managing a global media category.
- Strong functional expertise in marketing planning and media strategy across all media touchpoints
- Strong influential skills across multiple business areas, geographies and with agency partners
- Good understanding of digital and data technologies to plan, buy and measure media campaigns
- Deep insight into how the media industry works and strong knowledge of the field and key players.
- Experience of working closely with marketing teams partnering to deliver outstanding value driven results
- Strong commercial, relationship building, negotiation and procurement knowledge:
- Able to develop clear working processes, scopes of work and ensure perfect delivery of high value.
- Able to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client's business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
- Able to work as part of a virtual global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support performance standards.
- Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
- Knowledge of the category, procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities
- Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making. Includes the ability to create and analyze industry cost models order to assess suppliers' competitive capabilities.
- Ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements.
Education & Experience Required
Minimum: 10+ years of work experience in a commercial marketing or procurement or relevant related field; Knowledge of technical aspects of marketing is highly preferred. Typically requires a University Degree (Master or MBA ideally) or equivalent experience
Recognized thought leader mastering professional discipline.
Global work experience, leading teams, strong influencing skills and working across multi projects
Travel: Estimated 30% global travel annually
Our Purpose And Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.