Sr Manager, Audience Strategy
Job locationAustin, TX
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWe strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a collaborative and analytical customer strategist to join the global Strategy and Operations function across Bumble and Badoo brands. This role will be the driver of audience level strategy, working closely with regional and channel marketing teams across both brands to drive growth of a target segment of customers around the world. This role will report to the Director of Global Strategy.
As Senior Manager of Global Audience Strategy, you’ll be responsible for developing the playbook to achieve the company’s growth goals for that segment, and partner with our Marketing teams to localize and roll out the strategy from acquisition, to engagement, monetization and retention. You’ll partner with Marketing to develop omnichannel marketing strategies, create go-to-market playbooks to grow this customer segment in new markets, craft the learning agenda required to optimize performance against current playbooks, and monitor business trends and campaign results to ensure we’re hitting our segment goals in each market. To do this, you’ll drive the research and business intelligence roadmaps to generate audience-level insights, map the ideal customer journey, and then turn those insights into action by operationalizing them in the form of marketing strategy recommendations, product optimizations, partnership opportunities, and more.
This role is highly crossfunctional, and requires broad stakeholder collaboration across all areas of the business to lead strategic initiatives from start to finish that drive sustained growth for this key audience in our fast growing global business.
Location: This role will be based in our Austin office. We are open to remote workers.
- Become an expert on customer behavior and insights at a market-level by performing analysis using customer data from internal systems and external research to draw commercially-savvy conclusions that are communicated visually and / or in digestible formats.
- Champion understanding and consumption of customer insights across every function of the business to ensure a customer-first approach in all we do.
- Create deep dives into each audience segment, including mapping the ideal customer journey they might experience across our brands and product modes.
- Partner with marketing channel owners across the business to weave audience-level insight into evaluating current performance and driving growth for target segments in each brand & channel.
- Determine KPI’s and monitor overall business performance of target customer segments against key metrics.
- Develop global go-to-market playbook for how to achieve growth in our target customer segment upon entering new markets, inclusive of marketing channels, value propositions, and test roadmap, partnering with regional marketing teams to customize needs per market.
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing to identify feature gaps and opportunities to address key segment needs within the product experience, informing product roadmap development.
- Inform investment levels across brands, channels, and geographies specific to target audience goals.
- Drive Business Intelligence and Research team scope / agenda with a customer-first lens for commercial organization and ensure ruthless focus on most essential analyses, generating insights to determine how we grow with the customer at the heart of our strategies.
- Lead group-wide strategic initiatives in collaboration with crossfunctional stakeholders that are focused on innovation / category expansion related to our target audience in partnership with Commercial Strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build measurement and evaluation frameworks to support a learning agenda against our target audiences
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Undergrad degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance or similar / equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years experience in marketing or strategy within technology / social connection platforms / ecomm marketplace, with responsibility of creating commercial strategies and/or consumer-facing go-to-market strategies
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder management at all levels of the business, including presenting to executive/senior leadership
- Strong relationship builder in predominantly virtual setting, with experience working across time zones with global partners
- Experience working within a company with a global, multi-country marketing footprint, and/or multi-brand portfolio
- Proven interpersonal and influencing skills; collaborative team member within Marketing and across non-marketing functions
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word (and/or Google equivalents)
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written), comfortable communicating at all levels from interns to executives
- Iterative thinker, with experience working in a test and learn environment
- You bring a one-team approach, building a project team across functions internally, with agencies and with external partners
- You are eager to learn and open to change & ambiguity
- Highly systematic, creative, and methodical with a problem-solving approach
- You are metric focused and embed a test-and-learn culture. You have the ability to understand art + science
- You thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You have excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You can build consensus and alignment but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values
About Bumble Inc.: Bumble Inc. is the parent company of Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s highest-grossing dating apps with millions of users worldwide. The Bumble platform enables people to connect and build equitable and healthy relationships. Founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014, the Bumble app was one of the first dating apps built with women at the center, and the Badoo app, which was founded in 2006, was one of the pioneers of web and mobile dating products. Bumble currently employs over 700 people in offices in Austin, Barcelona, London, and Moscow. For more information, please visit: https://team.bumble.com/