Strategic Insights Manager - MENA Zone (M/W)
Job locationCasablanca, Morocco
Region of responsibilityMENA
DescriptionFor All, For Good, our company signature, reflects Bel’s commitment to a healthier and responsible food for all. This mission mobilizes 12,600 employees every day in over 30 countries to build a profitable and sustainable business model.
Universal and positive, our brands - The Laughing Cow®, Kiri®, Mini Babybel®, Nurishh®, Boursin® and Gogo SqueeZ® - are constantly reinventing themselves to offer healthier and responsible fruit and dairy snacks to all consumers.
Do you want to join a company with strong brands that puts consumers and responsibility at the heart of the decision-making process? Then Bel is made for you!
Are you bold, pragmatic, and determined? Do you want to contribute to the transformation of an international agri-food company? Them come join us and measure the impact of your talent and energy in realizing an ambitious and sustainable company project!
LOCATION AND REPORTING
Located: at Bel MOROCCO, Casablanca Nearshore Park Shore 17-2éme étage-1100 Bd Al Qods- Quartier Sidi Maarouf- Casablanca.
Hybrid work policy: required to be from 2 to 3 days at the office
Job: Full time / Immediate availability
At Bel, the vision for the Strategic Insights department (SI) is to become a competitive advantage for the company, running a Best-in-class Insights & Foresights factory, powered by big & smart data analytics.
The Strategic Insights manager Middle East & North Africa [MENA] is part of the global SI team, with a direct reporting line to the SI Group Manager located in Dubai, UAE.
Within the Strategic Insights department (around 20 people in the world), and as part of the SI Market Champions team, you will run research and data analysis to further understand consumers & shoppers, Bel brands, categories and competitors, and to influence the development and implementation of relevant brand, innovation and category strategies in the local BUs. You will also contribute to transversal projects (Brand agnostic Multi brands and/or Multi countries).
You will act as a business partner primarily for the Middle East and North Africa region, with a very strong focus on Morocco, running strategic insights work to drive growth in the local business units.
Your main responsibilities will be to support the SI group Manager MENA in the following:
• Leverage trends, data, consumer & shopper insights, and other relevant resources, such as macroeconomics, to inform local strategies, accelerate business growth and identify new business opportunities
• Design the local learning agenda, measure and monitor local business & brand performances, and transform data-based consumer & shopper insights into actionable recommendations
• Support global strategic insights initiatives happening on the local markets, in partnership with the other SI teams (Business analytics, Foresights for growth, Brand champions) located in Suresnes, France
More specifically, with the support of the SI Group Manager, you will be expected to:
1. Conduct and interpret consumer & shopper research needed locally. This may include (not exhaustive):
• Consumer understanding projects: U&A, Segmentation, Drivers & barriers, Ethnography, Social intelligence
• Shopper understanding projects (multi-channel): Path to purchase, Category understanding, RGM, Price & Promo analytics, Merchandizing tests
• Brand, Communication / Media projects: BHT, Brand Audit, Media & Touch points Optimization, Pre & Post Tests, Efficiency measurement
• Innovation / Renovation projects: idea screeners, concept, product, packaging tests, post launch analysis
• Lead workshops with key stakeholders to transform insights and data into actionable recommendations for the business
2. Carry out the local portion of Globally led pieces of research in partnership with the SI Global Brand Champions
3. Manage your part of the SI budget with a ROI and business impact mindset
4. Consolidate data & analytics culture within marketing and sales teams
• Support business and brand performance analysis leveraging panel & market data tools & resources
• Roll out analysis templates and tools developed by the SI Business Analytics group (RGM, Sales uplift, etc.)
• Update & leverage market forecasts tools
5. Support adoption of Trends and Foresights locally
• Contribute to inspire local teams with local and localized global trends and co-facilitate workshops to develop relevant strategies
• Be the ambassador of the Bel knowledge management platform (Wikibel)
Education & Experience:
- 8/10 years of experience in marketing, insights, or category management preferably in CPG
- Expert in both qualitative and quantitative consumer research, from selection of vendors and methodologies, to translation of results and insights into recommendation to address business questions
- Experience in retail and consumer panel analysis is a must
- Fluent in English & French
Competencies & Skills:
- Business accumen and results driven
- Accountable, autonomous & proactive
- Curious learner with growth mindset
- Enthusiast Team player
- Eager to work with people from different countries and cultures, with specific affinity with North Africa countries and Morocco specifically
- Aim to work in the most efficient ways to optimize time & budget
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Management of external partners
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot Tables), Power BI, PowerPoint and Teams / Sharepoint