User Research Product Director
Job locationBeijing, China
Region of responsibilityAPAC
DescriptionDiDi is working to solve the world’s most challenging problems. We offer a diverse range of mobile tech-based mobility options for more than four hundred million users across more than four hundred cities across the world.
Our mission is to serve local communities through intelligent transportation technology, so as to provide riders with more convenient on-demand mobility services, drivers with new income opportunities, and cities with big data-driven smart transportation technologies.
• Provide user insights to designers, engineers, product managers, and business owners that help us deliver locally relevant and user-friendly solutions for drivers and riders
• Design, manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative research-based upon long-term strategic needs as well as ad-hoc research requests
• Interface and collaborate between the DiDi headquarters team in Beijing and local teams on key research requests
• Develop a budget and the research road-map for user experience research in Australia
• Sell and promote the value of user research across the organization
• Develop written research reports and present the results of findings to key stakeholders
• Enhance our understanding of the ride-share market through the application of appropriate research methodologies such as customer journey maps, user segmentation, creation of personas, ethnographic research, and usability testing
• Position requires a high tolerance for ambiguity, working across a very diverse group of stakeholders, odd-hours (e.g. calls with Beijing), local and international travel.
• Build and maintain a world-class user research function.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on user experience research, social science, human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology, or related field
• 8+ years of research experience, ideally with ride-share industry expertise
• Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative user research methods
• Familiarity with UX concepts such as user journey, persona, user-centered design, etc.
• Experience applying user research to digital products
• Basic understanding of the domain expertise of partner teams such as engineering, product, design, marketing, and business stakeholders.
• Deep understanding of when and how to apply different research methods during each phase of product development
• Strong working knowledge of statistics, survey design, interviewing, and the integration of qualitative and quantitative research to build the research narrative to influence business decisions
• Excellent social, communication, negotiation, collaboration, and presentation
• Fluent in English; knowledge of Mandarin a plus