Assistant Trade Marketing Manager
Job locationPortland, OR
Region of responsibilityGlobal
Drive planning and execution support of priority channel and account specific marketing initiatives to promote sell through at retail.
- Collaborate closely with brand marketing to prioritize channel or account specific campaigns
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with customer’s marketing team on joint marketing initiatives including in-store, TV, radio, print and direct
- Create and execute marketing plans based on brand marketing strategy and direction established by retail activation director and brand marketing
- Manage details of Marketing Communications components for assigned projects – including sourcing assets, facilitating approvals, coordinating with agencies / designers, managing implementation logistics, etc. under direction of senior management
- Track and maintain updated status of the assigned account marketing budget, reporting the monthly status and - YTD spend by account, program and brand initiatives.
- Manage communication of updated account marketing plans and revisions as appropriate to department management. Responsible for maintaining updates, revisions and post campaign recaps
Knowledge Skills And Abilities
- Ability to understand brand messaging platforms and ensure integrity
- Ability to be innovative and creative
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple projects, set and maintain deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a winning attitude.
- Solid process and organizational skills with a heightened attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and manage priorities to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident, independent problem solver.
- Catalogue, samples process knowledge preferred.
- BA in marketing advertising or related field required.
- Minimum 1 year of brand or retail marketing experience within a consumer goods company or equivalent account management experience at an (advertising) agency.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience required in lieu of a degree.