Director, Public Affairs
Job locationRound Rock, Texas, (remote)
Region of responsibilityAmericas
DescriptionDirector of Public Affairs Communications
Dell Technologies has a huge amount to say – on technology, on innovation, on business, on human progress and our Corporate Communications team makes sure those messages are heard. They are responsible for developing and driving global and regional communication strategies and delivering marketing services. Their expertise shapes the way Dell Technologies is seen – enhancing our reputation, brand and valuation on the global stage. Crucially, they enable us to build productive, positive and transformative relationships with colleagues, customers and the media.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Director of Public Affairs and ESG Communication on our Corporate Affairs team.
The Director of Public Affairs and ESG Communications will lead external communications team and strategies to engage key stakeholders with the company’s business, strategy and ESG priorities around the globe. This role is for an inspiring leader with strong business acumen, a deep understanding of current events, global trends and the changing media landscape. It requires excellent writing skills, media relationships, strategic planning, agility and a proven ability to navigate complexity, sensitive issues and a matrixed corporate environment. The role partners with a diverse set of stakeholders to build consensus and requires ongoing alignment and engagement with senior executives.
This senior communications leadership role will oversee a broad set of priorities, including communications supporting Dell’s reputation in strategic communities, with public sector customers and policymakers. It will also develop and drive PR and communications programs and campaigns that build trust in the Dell brand, including the company’s strong work across ESG and diversity, equity and inclusion.
The role reports to the Vice President of Corporate & Product Public Relations and Public Affairs. In addition to leading a team of direct reports, the Director of Public Affairs and ESG Communications will partner closely with teams across Corporate Affairs, Government Affair, Public Sector and extended leadership team.
- Develop and grow the next generation of corporate communications and public affairs professionals
- Develop proactive communications strategies that breakthrough a noisy media landscape and support multi-stakeholder audiences while cultivating trusting relationships with senior executives
- See around corners and prepare for forthcoming issues and changing stakeholder expectations and interests
- Work cross-functionally across government affairs, corporate affairs, marketing, HR and other key stakeholder groups to gain consensus amongst diverse groups with differing priorities
- Earn trust amongst senior leaders and enable team to be strategic partners to the business
- Maintain a culture of inclusion where team members can be their best and do their best work
- Think big and bring new ideas that support a holistic view and long-term perspective of Dell’s corporate, political and business priorities in key markets
- Keen ability to anticipate, manage risks as well as future corporate reputation opportunities and public affairs issues
- Deploy best-in-class public affairs strategies and support team is developing tactical plans to meet policy, reputation and sales objectives at local level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Government, Political Science, Public Affairs or related field preferred
- Experience leading a high performing team in communications or public affairs
- Advanced knowledge of public affairs strategies, concepts, tools & techniques, including media relations and public policy
- Deep experience and understanding of the regulatory and policy landscape impacting technology
- Existing relationships with top-tier journalists who cover intersection of government and technology
- Excellent writing skills across a wide range of deliverables; from traditional PR to blogs to contributed content
- Passion for policy, storytelling, advocacy, written and verbal communications
- Able to lead a diverse range of stakeholders, industry peers, partners, colleagues and outside agencies to drive integrated communications strategies
- Strong ability to influence at senior levels of the company
- Lifelong learner, curiosity, cultural competency, positive attitude, and a growth mindset
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Id: R182574
Job Function: Marketing