Global Campaigns Manager
Job locationLondon, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionAre you a talented marketer with a passion for helping decarbonise the energy system? This may be your chance to join a growing team and contribute to a purpose-led team who are supporting the protection and restoration of nature.
Shell's target is to become a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, in step with society's progress in achieving the goal of the UN Paris Agreement on climate change. Becoming a net-zero emissions energy business means that we are reducing emissions from our operations, and from the fuels and other energy products we sell to our customers. It also means capturing or offsetting any remaining emissions.
Shell is developing a competitive portfolio of high-quality carbon credit generating projects to serve customers. The portfolio includes carbon credits from nature-based projects as well as other methodologies like cookstoves and small-scale renewables.
Where you fit in?
Nature & Environmental Solutions Market Development team is responsible for developing the market for nature based solutions and environmental products.
The Environmental Products team are leading traders of environmental products such as carbon credits and are active in compliance and voluntary markets globally through 6 regional desks in London, San Diego, Shanghai, Singapore, Calgary and Brisbane.
Nature Based Solutions comprise of activities related to the protection of or (re-) development of natural ecosystems, resulting in natural carbon sequestration and the marketing, trading, and sale of the resulting carbon credits. Shell is making a significant commitment to NBS, rooted in nature’s ability to play an important role in addressing climate change by absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere.
The team works closely with customers and Shell’s customer-facing businesses who are incorporating carbon offsetting into their customer offers.
What’s the role?
We are hiring a Campaigns Manager to lead our global marketing and communications campaigns, driving awareness of carbon offsetting, improving carbon literacy and promoting the important role of carbon offsetting as part of a responsible environmental sustainability strategy.
You Will Be Expected To
- Develop online and offline marketing campaigns to increase market awareness and customer acceptance and consideration of carbon offsets.
- Understand market research and develop market insights.
- Craft campaigns that effectively and convincingly tell the NES story.
- Own and evolve the execution of earned media and reputational building activities.
- Elicit outstanding results from creative agencies developing attention-grabbing, award-winning campaigns.
- Align campaign activities with the local markets and various Shell lines of businesses.
- Own and manage the global calendar of campaign activities.
- Plan and allocate media spend.
- Take ownership of ambitious targets and measurable ROI frameworks.
- Report on campaign success.
What we need from you?
You will be working in a rapidly evolving business area. The position calls for a driven, autonomous, creative, and diligent individual with the ability to perform in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is a global role with many interfaces across the Shell organization. It requires you to be able to plan, develop and execute creative content. You’ll need to be able to research and understand complex topics and translate it into beautifully crafted copy and communications. You’ll form close working relationships with Corporate Relations, Global Communications and Media Teams, Shell Brand and the Downstream customer-facing teams as well as external agencies and project partners.
What Experience And Qualifications You’ll Need
- Hands-on experience in leading global and local campaigns.
- Hands-on experience in developing and leading marketing content creation as part of the campaigns.
- Highly creative with good project management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, analytical, relationship building skills.
- Experience in agency management.
- Experience understanding market research.
- Experience in analytics and measurement frameworks.
- An entrepreneurial, flexible, hands-on, can-do approach, with a willingness to step in and support a range of activities as the business grows.
- A passion for nature!
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.