Global Marketing Delivery Lead
Job locationLandouzy-la-Cour, Hauts-de-France, France
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionIf you have a keen interest in brand marketing and the future of energy, have passion for people and are energized by involvement in shaping and delivering Employer Brand Marketing, this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
The Energy Transition and Digital Transformation will change the business environment, the way we work and types of capabilities / skills we will need to prosper as an organisation. Our Employer Brand is a key differentiator in attracting the best and brightest talent to Shell.
Where you fit in
As the Global Marketing Manager you will be part of the Global Employer Brand marketing team, who are responsible for Shell’s employer brand proposition and marketing strategies to attract a wide variety of talent across all countries, segments and Shell Businesses, helping Shell’s future talent to understand who we are and why to choose Shell as a great place to work.
As a member of the global Marketing Leadership Team (MLT), you will lead a team of diverse Marketing Advisors to develop strategic marketing plans and deliver country marketing plans designed to attract targeted talent and support resourcing teams to recruit significantly increasing targets in a very competitive landscape, collaborating with your peers in the MLT and senior leaders within resourcing and across businesses for the delivery of the Employer Brand marketing strategies.
The global marketing team is part of the Global Integrated Resourcing organisation comprising the full span of resourcing activities including recruitment of >5,500 recruits per annum in an increasingly dynamic external environment where the skills and capabilities required to meet the needs of the Energy Transition and our Powering Progress strategy mean that our Employer Brand is integral to success.
Some Of The Dimensions Managed Include
- over 18 million visitors to our Shell careers sites,
- brand and content on 200 channels with 220 million people served a Shell employer brand or job advert across social media,
- 185 University relationships,
- 700+ recruitment marketing events and 134 employer awards including numerous Diversity and employer of choice awards.
What’s your role?
- As the Global Marketing Manager we’ll entrust you to set the standards for strategic marketing planning and excellent marketing delivery, to ensure highly professional plans on time and within budget, to ensure brand and policy compliance, and to be responsive to changing needs as required.
- In this role, we’ll be looking to you to role-model brand ambassadorship internally and through external networks. On a wider level you will develop and maintain network of stakeholders in Integrated Resourcing and across Shell to understand business and country challenges and engage on marketing plan priorities.
- As a member of the global Marketing Leadership Team (MLT), you can look forward to collaborating with the Global Proposition Manager, Global Brand & Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager to provide support for your marketing team through a pipeline of global programmes, marketing communications content and digital marketing and evaluation. You will also enable best practice sharing and application across geographies.
- You will lead, coach and develop a team of 12 professional marketers (Marketing Advisors) in multiple locations to foster personal growth and deliver functional excellence.
What You Will Need In Your Toolkit.
We are keen to hear from talented individuals with extensive experience in strategic marketing planning, proven hands on operational marketing delivery across the marketing mix and channels with a focus on delivering brand and business metrics, as well as significant experience in team leadership.
You Will Also Bring With You
- Marketing experience of at least 10-15 years, with proven ability to develop integrated strategic marketing plans across multiple countries that leverage rapidly changing digital marketing techniques, campaign management and evolving platforms.
- Proven operational marketing plan delivery experience with demonstrated success in planning and delivering marketing programmes that meet business targets with proven ROI.
- Strong capability to create clear direction from complexity in order to drive recommendations and plans with experience of global or multi-country marketing strategy development.
- Experience as a team leader, with successful track record of coaching and motivating teams and delivering through others.
- A focused commercial mindset, well informed on key financial cost drivers; measurement and delivery of brand and business targets, accurate and optimized budget management with care and discipline.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage complex programmes on time and on budget.
- Insight and data-led marketing planning capabilities: analytical skills to interpret market and customer data.
- A customer-centric, externally focused mindset to continuously improve our brand position and the candidate experience across all touchpoints.
- A solid understanding of reputation risks, brand standards & compliance and marketing excellence practices
- Able to build trusted and credible relationships with a diverse, cross-cultural community of senior resourcing stakeholders, marketing experts and external partners.
- Able to engage effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures
- Strong verbal and written presentation, and communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong curiosity to learn, an ability to be inclusive and collaborate virtually and to work comfortably with uncertainty and when proactively addressing challenges.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
At Shell, we support and enable remarkable people from every background, and strive to be a pioneer of LGBT inclusion in the workplace. When our employees excel, we excel. We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.