Global Marketing Manager
Global Marketing Manager
Job locationHouston, TX, US
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWhere you fit in
Shell (NYSE RDS.A) is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. Shell's purpose is to power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions, believing that rising standards of living for a growing global population are likely to continue to drive demand for energy, including oil and gas, for years to come. At the same time, technology changes, and the need to tackle climate change means there is a transition underway to a lower-carbon, multisource energy system. People are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term.
The Shell Chemical Company was founded in 1929 and began the world’s first production of ammonia from natural gas in California in 1931. Today, Shell Chemical LP is one of the world’s leading producers of olefins, aromatics, solvents, phenols, and glycols for customers that make products such as plastics, coatings, and detergents. With a collective multi-billion dollar turnover and major manufacturing facilities and joint ventures around the world, the businesses that makeup Shell Chemical supply over 18 million tons of petrochemicals to the automotive, consumer packaged goods, household care, and numerous other industrial and consumer end-markets annually.
For more information, please visit https //www.shell.com/business-customers/chemicals.html.
What’s the role?
Shell Chemicals is investing globally to create a best-in-class marketing organization to help achieve its growth aspirations in its six-core product lines (PL) including the Higher Olefins and Derivatives (HODer) PL.
This position, Global Marketing Manager will be reporting to the General Manager, is accountable for defining the commercial strategy of the existing business to ensure that it is maximizing the value from the market leveraging market insights and knowledge. Additionally, this position serves to best position future investments using an external market lens.
- Developing the global commercial strategy for HODer and the regional Americas commercial strategy for the Ethylene Oxide (EO) product line
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the markets such as comonomers for Polyethylene, Synthetic Lubricants, Surfactants (for Laundry, Dish, Hand Soaps, Personal care, Agriculture), Drilling Fluids, Lubricant Additives, and Plasticizers
- Leading the effort to distinguish Shell and Shell’s brand from other competitors through concentrated CVP development, market testing, speaking events at major conferences outlining applications and uniqueness.
- Championing new product development initiatives from idea concept to deployment and managing the budget
- Establishing ultimate potential, the size of the opportunity linked to market trends and the location/region which is best to grow
- Developing and communicating the long-term price outlook, pricing scenarios and the long-term steering values/pricing used for business planning, technology investments, and asset investment decisions