Global Marketing Manager
Job locationRockville, MD, USA (On-site)
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionSite Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 18 2023
GSK is currently looking for a Global Marketing Manager to join our Team.
- The Neisseria ambition is to pursue a meningococcal-free world by being the global leader, offering the most differentiated ABCWY vaccine for all age groups globally, delivering >£3b in sales by 2030 and Bexsero sales of £1b by 2022. Bexsero is a growth brand and critical to the success of the overall vaccine business.
- Furthermore, the Neisseria franchise wants to ensure broader access to Men B vaccine to maximize the protection through disease awareness and education around IMD to HCPs and consumers and shaping environment for shaping Men B National Immunization Programme
- The Global Marketing Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the brand global commercial strategy and tactical plan. This should be done through close collaboration with selected co-create markets, and through cross-functional collaboration at the global level as part of the Global Team.
This role supports the above objectives by leading /supporting projects related to:
- Growing the Neisseria market: while Meningococcal vaccines help to prevent against very serious disease, unfortunately many people are still not (fully) protected. Hence there is a significant untapped potential. This opportunity should be materialized through increase in vaccination coverage rates, and ultimate by inclusion in new NIP’s.
- Growing confidence in Bexsero usage; Bexsero was licensed based on immune data and only recently Real-World Evidence data has been generated. This is critical information demonstrating that the vaccine works, and it should give HCP’s and Experts more confidence to prescribe or recommend the vaccine also ultimately leading to an increase in number of NIPs
- Provide input in business plan (strategic and operational part) facilitating a matrix team across areas such as Medical, Insights, Competitive intelligence, Finance, Government Affairs and Advocacy and Communication.
- Partner with countries around the globe to drive innovation and sharing of best practices and market information
- Operational support across countries for tactical deployment to ensure flawless and aligned execution of the promotional plan
- Co-creation of the right media planning strategies including TV, print and digital/social media
- AOR interactions for promotional and disease awareness initiates including agency mid-year and annual reviews
- Work with the Customer Insights Team to further develop data driven activities, measurement of KPI’s for ongoing initiatives and business impact and coordinate briefs for new market research
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to maximize access
- Risk management: assess what could be potential risks for the performance and trust objectives and ensure a solid mitigation plan is in place
- Budget management; ensure clear overview of A&P status
The role will be based - preferred in Rockville (US) and flexible
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commerce, Economics, or Scientific background
At least 6 yr Marketing / Commercial experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in HCP and/or consumer marketing is preferred.
- Experience with developing media plans and implementing campaigns through different channels; TV, print and digital. Track record of leading social media campaigns
- Experience with management of different agencies (creative, communication, MR)
- Understand differences in country / regional environments (health care system, political situations etc)
- Good project management skills with a high level of pro-activity.
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience Launching products.
- Experience in access strategies and identifying & implementing maximization opportunities.
- Drive for performance, and able to act independently, creative thinking, problem solver, ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to convey complex information simply.
- Being able to demonstrate data driven marketing capabilities
- An optimistic team player with the ability to work within and lead a matrix team
- Capacity to network effectively and build strong relationships across different countries, cultures, and functions
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor, and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.