Global Marketing Manager
Job locationUSA - Maryland - Rockville, Belgium-Wavre
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionGSK is currently looking for a Global Marketing Manager to join our Team.
- The Neisseria ambition is to pursue a meningococcal-free world by being the global leader, offering the most differentiated ABCWY vaccine for all age groups globally, delivering >£2b in sales by 2030 and Bexsero sales of ~£1b by 2024. Bexsero is a growth brand and critical to the success of the overall vaccine business.
- Furthermore, the Neisseria franchise wants to ensure broader access to Men B vaccine to maximize the protection through disease awareness and education around IMD to HCPs and consumers and shaping environment for shaping Men B National Immunization Programme
- The Global Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of the brand global commercial strategy and tactical plan. This should be done through close collaboration with selected co-create markets, and through cross-functional collaboration at the global level as part of the Global Team.
This role supports the above objectives by leading /supporting projects related to:
- Growing the Neisseria market: while Meningococcal vaccines help to prevent against very serious disease, unfortunately many people are still not (fully) protected. Hence there is a significant untapped potential. This opportunity should be materialized through increase in vaccination coverage rates, and ultimate by inclusion in new NIP’s and also Geo expansion.
- Growing confidence in Bexsero usage; Bexsero was licensed on the basis of immune data and only recently Real World Evidence data has been generated. This is critical information demonstrating that the vaccine works and it should give HCP’s and Experts more confidence to prescribe or recommend the vaccine also ultimately leading to an increase in umber of NIPs
- Optimizing the Meningitis Disease Awareness campaign; many parents are not aware that there are different serogroups of meningococcal disease and think that their child is fully protected when it received 1 vaccine. There is a need to clarify this situation.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams like clinical, regulatory, GIO, Medical, Value Evidence, CGA on topics ranging from early and late stage pipeline, LCM, Geo-Expansion to Business Development
- Provide input in business plan (strategic and operational part)
- Co-creation of assets for the different initiatives/strategies
- Co-creation of the right media planning strategies including TV, print and digital/social media.
- Work with the Customer Insights Team to further develop and measure KPI’s of ongoing initiatives. Coordinate briefs for market research
- Facilitate best practice learning and implement key insights and course correction plan from different markets
- Risk management; assess what could be potential risks for the performance and trust objectives and ensure a solid mitigation plan is in place
- Budget management; ensure clear overview of A&P status
Based on the profile of the applicants, the role might be based - preferred in Rockville (US) or alternatively in Wavre (Belgium)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commerce, Economics, or Scientific background
- At least 6 yr Marketing / Commercial experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in HCP and consumer marketing is preferred.
- Experience with developing media plans and implementing campaigns through different channels; TV, print and digital. Track record of leading social media campaigns
- Experience with management of different agencies (creative, communication, MR)
- Understand differences in country / regional environments (health care system, political situations etc)
- Experience launching products at LOC level
- Vaccine experience
- Good project management skills with a high level of pro-activity.
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Drive for performance, and able to act independently, creative thinking, problem solver, ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
- Ability to convey complex information simply.
- Being able to demonstrate data driven marketing capabilities
- An optimistic team player with the ability to work within and lead a matrix team.
- Capacity to network effectively and build strong relationships across different countries, cultures and functions
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.