Junior Manager, Marketing Sourcing
CompanyWorld Federation of Advertisers (WFA)
Job locationBrussels or London
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionWFA's ‘Sourcing Forum’ brings together over 1,300 global client-side marketing procurement leaders. This network is strategically important part of the WFA and has contributed greatly towards its growth. This growth means that we now require additional resource in order to maintain, and build on, our levels of service to this expanding community.
The successful candidate would need to support the Global Marketing Sourcing Director in evolving the marketing sourcing function within WFA member companies and the wider industry.
About the WFA
WFA represents 90% of global advertising spend. Its membership is made up of 130 of the biggest multinational companies as well as national association members in sixty countries around the world.
About the team
WFA has a small but growing team based in four markets (Brussels, London, Singapore and New York). The staff is made up of highly motivated people of a variety of nationalities. Our candidate will be part of a team of seven and will report into the Director for Global Marketing Sourcing Services.
WFA’s marketing services team helps members in two key ways:
1. We improve the effectiveness and efficiency of client-side marketing investment by leveraging the collective intelligence of the only global network of marketers;
2. We develop and lead industry initiatives designed to improve the global marketing industry for clients and the whole ecosystem.
Practically this is delivered upon in a number of ways, including: interactive forums, working sessions, benchmarking, member research, online tools, best practice and advisory services. Industry leadership initiatives are typically driven through multi-stakeholder programmes and working-groups.
As a team we aim to emulate, and exceed, the professional practices of our members. Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, we operate in a business environment and are rewarded based on success.
The ‘Sourcing Forum’ brings together over 1,300 global client-side marketing procurement leaders. This network is strategically important part of the WFA and has contributed greatly towards its growth. This growth means that we now require additional resource in order to maintain, and build on, our levels of service to this expanding community.
The successful candidate would need to support the Global Marketing Sourcing Director in evolving the marketing sourcing function within WFA member companies and the wider industry. Our new colleague would do this through;
• Support in the organisation and delivery of events through for instance capturing key learnings on member-led discussions;
• Provide member-facing support by responding to requests through leveraging the collective knowledge of the network. For example, through member surveys & benchmarks;
• Maintain and develop existing WFA tools such as our Agency Cost Index;
• Manage (CRM driven) communications and direct outreach to the membership on recent and upcoming WFA initiatives relevant to our sourcing community;
• Take responsibility for ensuring the sourcing community CRM is up-to-date and accurate;
• Write and update content relevant to the group’s priorities (for example PPT presentations and reports);
• Work with industry partners at a global and local level, where relevant, on industry initiatives.
WFA's HQ is in Brussels with satellite offices in London. The candidate could be based in either location. Where London is the base, it is expected that (post COVID) the candidate would make regular (monthly) trips to Brussels to interact with colleagues. In addition, it's expected that there will be occasional international travel associated with this role.
Personal abilities & experience
• Around 3 years’ experience of agency management / marketing procurement with either an agency, consultancy, client or trade association background;
• Service-oriented mentality that prioritises responsiveness;
• Articulate, professional and with good presentation skills;
• Analytical skills in interpreting data, qualitative research and report writing, mainly in PowerPoint;
• Comfortable working autonomously;
• Curious by nature with the appetite to seek out new and innovative voices and solutions;
• Personable and highly collaborative;
• Ideally a balance of skills across data analysis and more nuanced qual research and report writing;
• Mother-tongue level English, other languages a bonus.
The role has huge growth potential and provides the right candidate with a fascinating opportunity to act as a conduit for a network of diverse personalities from variety of backgrounds around the world and drive projects that have the ambition of changing the industry.
If you're interested in joining us, please email your CV to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description in the email body as to why you feel you'd be the right candidate.