Manager, Global Media & Digital Services
Manager, Global Media & Digital Services
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionOur candidate will be part of a team of six and will report into the Director for Global Media Services.
WFA’s marketing services team helps members in two key ways:
1. We improve the effectiveness and efficiency of client-side marketing investment by leveraging the collective intelligence of the only global network of marketers.
2. We develop and lead industry initiatives designed to improve the global marketing industry for clients and the whole ecosystem.
Practically this is delivered upon in a number of ways, including: interactive forums, working sessions, benchmarking, member research, online tools, best practice and advisory services. Industry leadership initiatives are typically driven through multi-stakeholder programmes and working-groups.
As a team we aim to emulate, and exceed, the professional practices of our members. Despite being a not-for-profit organisation, we operate in a business environment and are rewarded based on success.
The ‘Media Forum’ is among the most active and well-participated in of WFA’s communities. Practically speaking this is a network of more than 1,000 global client-side media and digital leaders. And the media-focused research, content and materials produced by the WFA team for this community are highly requested and regarded. It’s a core area for the organisation which needs greater support to maintain and grow the level of service we deliver.
The successful candidate would need to:
• Take shared ownership for the media discipline at WFA, adding subject matter expertise on media, digital, programmatic;
• Identify and curate themes, issues, speakers and cases (from within and outside the WFA network), which are relevant to, and prioritised by, the global media community;
• Organise, manage and facilitate events on a regular basis in order to provide an environment where critical information on priority topics can be exchanged by those in the media network;
• Document and curate insights which emerge from events, to be disseminated with the wider community;
• Deal with requests for support from members, responding with existing insights and perspectives, or by leveraging the network for insights (i.e. through one-to-one connections and/or surveys and/or benchmarking);
• Both own and contribute to a series of surveys and reports, designed to respond to global media priorities;
• Advise and inform members on critical issues using a variety of sources of information, including qualitative and quantitative data from member research;
• Actively engage with the media network and take responsibility for knowing and understanding the priorities of as many as possible;
• Establish regular scaled (CRM driven) communications and direct outreach to the membership;
• Take responsibility for ensuring the media community CRM is up-to-date and accurate;
• Help to grow the network by recruiting new member companies into the WFA;
• Support industry initiatives (where appropriate).
WFA's HQ is in Brussels with satellite offices in London. The candidate could be based in either location, or (theoretically) elsewhere in Europe (working remotely). But it is expected that (post COVID) the candidate would make regular (monthly) trips to Brussels to interact with colleagues. In addition, it's expected that there will be occasional international travel associated with this role.
Personal abilities & experience
• Around 5 years’ experience of media management with either an agency, consultancy, client or trade association background;
• Experience with digital and programmatic is desirable;
• Service-oriented mentality that prioritises responsiveness;
• Articulate, professional and with good presentation skills;
• Comfortable working autonomously;
• Curious by nature with the appetite to seek out new and innovative voices and solutions;
• Personable and highly collaborative. Comfortable to carry the baton for a team which is moving in the right direction!
• Ideally a balance of skills across data analysis and more nuanced qual research and report writing;
• Very high level of English proficiency.
The role provides the right candidate with a fascinating opportunity to act as a conduit for a network of diverse personalities from variety of backgrounds around the world and drive projects that have the ambition of changing the industry.