Strategic Insights Senior Manager - UK & DACH
Job locationLondon, UK
Region of responsibilityEMEA
DescriptionJob: Full time / Immediate availability
At Bel, the vision for the Strategic Insights department (SI) is to become a competitive advantage for the company, running a Best-in-class Insights & Foresights factory, powered by big & smart data analytics.
The Strategic Insights Senior manager UK / DACH belongs to the global SI team, with a direct reporting line to the SI Market Champions Director located in Chicago, USA.
Located: London / Greater London area
The Bel UK office is located in Sevenoaks, 160 London Road, TN13 1BT, in Kent – 30’ from London Bridge station / 45’ from King’s Cross station. Work from home policy requests to come to the office 1 to 2 days a week. To be discussed during the interviews.
We offer :
Competitive package made of base salary, bonus and allowance to commute to the office
Benefits to great social protection (private medical insurance, health care cash plan, Life Assurance, Income protection) & Personal pension plan
Within the Strategic Insights department (around 20 people in the world), and as part of the SI Market Champions team, you will lead research and data analysis to further understand consumers & shoppers, Bel brands, categories and competitors, and to influence the development and implementation of relevant brand, innovation and category strategies in the local BUs. You will also contribute to transversal projects (Brand agnostic Multi brands and/or Multi countries).
You will act as a business partner primarily for UK & Germany marketing and sales teams, and lead all strategic insights work to drive growth in those business units. More occasionally, you will also support other European countries on some specific projects, as defined by Bel Group strategic priorities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Leverage trends, data, consumer & shopper insights, and other relevant resources, such as macroeconomics, to inform local strategies, accelerate business growth and identify new business opportunities
• Measure and monitor local business & brand performances, and transform data-based consumer & shopper insights into actionable recommendations
• Interact with Marketing and Sales teams in a posture of impact and influence ; infuse a culture of data and people centricity
• Support global strategic insights initiatives happening on the local markets, in partnership with the other SI teams (Business analytics, Foresights for growth, Brand champions) located in Suresnes, France
• Roll out & amplify SI global programs such as: Brand Health Tracker, Localization of global trends, Business Analytics programs etc.
• Feed global teams with local insights to build relevant global strategies
More specifically, you will be expected to:
1. Build and lead the relevant learning agenda to address local key business priorities
• Identify learning gaps and turn them into clear research objectives.
• Recommend the best combination of panel data, syndicated research, ad hoc qual or quant initiatives, to address business questions
• Transform outcomes into actionable recommendations, facilitate workshops and drive strategic thinking
• Manage your part of the SI budget with a ROI and business impact mindset
• Leverage agency partnerships (data and ad hoc) to maximize added value
2. Conduct and interpret consumer & shopper research needed locally to ensure best execution of the marketing plans and build strategies for the next years. This may include (not exhaustive):
• Consumer understanding projects: U&A, Segmentation, Drivers & barriers, Ethnography, Social intelligence
• Shopper understanding projects (multi-channel): Path to purchase, Category understanding, RGM, Price & Promo analytics, Merchandizing tests
• Brand, Communication / Media projects: BHT, Brand Audit, Media & Touch points Optimization, Pre & Post Tests, Efficiency measurement, Marketing Mix Modeling
• Innovation / Renovation projects: idea screeners, concept, product, packaging tests, post launch analysis
3. Consolidate and expand data & analytics culture and usage within marketing and sales teams
• Support business and brand performance analysis leveraging panel & market data tools & resources
• Upskill & Train the local teams leveraging analysis templates and tools developed by the SI Business Analytics group (RGM, Sales uplift, etc.)
• Build, leverage and optimize market forecasts tools
4. Support Global Brands initiatives and carry out pieces of research locally in partnership with the SI Global Brand Champions
5. Lead Trends and Foresights locally
• Inspire local teams with local and localized global trends and facilitate workshops to develop relevant strategies
• Feed the SI foresights team with local insights
• Be the ambassador of the Bel knowledge management platform (Wikibel)
6. Contribute to the Strategic Insights full team life and mission:
• Responsible for transversal projects in the SI Community and Share business cases and best practices with other members across the globe.
• Roll out the transversal SI tools (Brand Health Tracker, Always On Consumer Connect, Business Intelligence Trends Platforms, Social Listening Platform, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- 8/10 years of experience in market/consumer research, including 5 years in CPG markets
- Expertise in both qualitative and quantitative consumers research methodologies,
Mastering retail and consumer panel analysis is a must
- Experience in working in a multicultural, international environment / company is necessary
- Fluent in English, French and/or German would be a plus.
Competencies & Skills:
- Business oriented and results driven
- Accountable, autonomous & proactive
- Flexible and agile, with capacity to overcome obstacles & create solutions when they don’t exist
- Curious learner, with strong appetite for new tools and approaches (AI, DIY, etc.)
- Enthusiast & energetic Team player, with a sharing & cross-fertilization mindset
- Eager to work with people from different countries and cultures
- Strategic thinker with strong capacity to connect the dots
- Excellent storyteller with solid influential skills
- Demonstrating advanced skills in Excel (Pivot Tables), Power BI, PowerPoint and Teams / Sharepoint