UFLP Commercial - Marketing
UFLP Commercial - Marketing
Job locationBrussels, Belgium
Region of responsibilityGlobal
DescriptionUnilever Future Leaders Program – commercial - Marketing
Unilever is one of the largest global fast-moving consumer goods company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Dove, Robijn, Lipton and Magnum. You will have the opportunity to work across fantastic categories and on some of the world’s most loved brands, manage essential elements of the marketing mix and enroll in our world-class marketing academy.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Our approach to diversity and inclusion encompasses many aspects including developing an inclusive culture, promoting gender balance, respecting the contribution of all employees regardless of gender, age, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
What do we look for?
It might come as a surprise, but you don’t need a specific degree background – this is an area where your personality will set you apart. It takes a special blend of ambition, people skills and commercial acumen; you’ll need to be credible and confident in front of people and have a passion for growing businesses, coupled with the power to influence and negotiate. The limitless opportunities at Unilever creates fully engaging innovative entrepreneurship.
Creative flair and consumer love will take you far, but it takes commercial focus and demands strong business skills to truly make things happen. It takes a deep sense of logic, ambition, organizational skills, and an understanding of how business operates. You bring a digital mindset and tackle business challenges in an agile and disruptive manner. You have an affinity with digital and business intelligence, and you can expand your mind to think as a consumer. You have passion and see that it is all about creating the best products for our consumers, which improve consumers their lives.
What will the program involve?
The program is designed to accelerate you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to our high standards). You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on projects which offer you the experience you need to be ready for your first management role. Over three years you’ll cover up to four rotations.
- The UFLP Marketing program is part of Commercial traineeship. This traineeship combines Marketing and Customer Development (Sales), and throughout the program you will be working on both functions in your rotations.
- In the end, we sell our products to consumers every day. That is why every UFLP will start their career joining our Field Force team for two months, to learn all about our consumers and customers. Both in retail (Supermarkets) as in Food Solutions (Chefs in Restaurants) and in Out of Home (all other outlets like gas stations & themeparks). It’s a great opportunity to really get to know the other “Future Leaders”.
- Career possibilities: During your marketing rotations you will get exposure to several brands and categories, work on creating new products and innovations, shop floor activations, events, digital campaigns and much more, all to develop and build your brand.
- To provide you with the best possible exposure to the broad scope of our business, you will have the opportunity to do one of your rotations in Customer Development.
- You may also get the chance to work with our brand development teams on strategy, for our global brands at global or regional level.
- Support and empowerment: We'll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You'll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- During the three years of your program you will be learning and developing in your rotations, having real responsibility and impact. This development is supported by a learning roadmap full of internal and external training focused on developing your leadership- and marketing skills.
- We have an established tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking. Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment. We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best. Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting brands: 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. That means you'll be working with a strong portfolio of brands which will give you a chance to make a genuine impact on people's lives.
- A real job from day one: Real roles with real responsibilities that provide you with fantastic insight on the organization and require you to continuously test and develop your skills.
- Local & international: Reaching more than 190 countries, Unilever is a successful and respected business. We focus on the needs of local consumers by harnessing global expertise and teamwork. For you, that means exceptional exposure and experience.
- See the big picture: You'll quickly begin to see how the functions operate closely together. To help you better understand that interaction, you'll often work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Great development opportunities: We'll support you every step of the way, with hands on experience which includes functional and cross functional rotations. You’ll also have access to World class learning program