MRKTNG Day 2019 conference puts focus on how marketing can be a force for good
Share this post
In September, Marketing Finland gathered over 600 marketers, agency and media professionals for the annual MRKTNG Day conference in Helsinki.
The two-day event featured several Finnish and international thought leaders and experts on stage who shared some case studies and insights on trending topics shaking up the industry, with a focus on “better marketing” and brand purpose.
- Belinda Smith, Head of Global Marketing Intelligence at Electronic Arts, who spoke on how marketing can be a force for positive gender and ethnicity portrayals;
- Jon Wilkins, Executive Chairman at Karmarama, and Will Gilroy, WFA’s Director of Policy and Communications, who shared 10 tips to deliver better marketing;
- Iris Meijer, Global Marketing Lead at Vodafone, and Anne Korkiakoski, Vice Chair of UN Women Finland, who spoke on the Unstereotype Alliance;
- Scott Rosenberg, Senior Director of Global Marketing Operations & Governance at Visa, who presented on bringing better marketing to life through governance;
- Mikko Kotila, technology expert and advisor, who spoke on why better marketers make marketing better;
- Thomas Kolster a.k.a “Mr. Goodvertising” who emceed the event.
Marketing Finland also announced Kyrö Distillery Company as this year’s “Brand Builder of the Year” for the company’s exemplary marketing communications. “The Finnish distillery has successfully built an internationally respected brand and a strong customer community around it”, said Marketing Finland CEO Riikka-Maria Lemminki.
Formerly called “Advertising Day”, the Marketing Finland rebranded their flagship event in early 2019 as part of their name change and transformation strategy. Launched in 1972, MRKTNG Day is one of the largest and longest-running marketing events in the country.
For more information, please visit the MRKTNG Day event page or contact Marketing Finland.