Global Marketer Week 2024
See last year's highlights
Last year's speakers
- Mark Adams Mark Senior Vice President & Global Head of Innovation, VICE MediaMark is a serial entrepreneur and award winning global thought leader, sitting at the intersection of technology, entertainment and brand building. He has worked directly with A-list celebs to C-suite to drive brand growth and transformation and is now Senior Vice President and Head of Innovation at VICE Media Group, which has come from humble beginnings as a print magazine to become a multi billion dollar youth media empire with offices in 40 countries. He’s driven by the mission to democratise his knowledge and “digitally upskill 10 million people by 2025,” and has travelled to over 100 countries so far in pursuit of this cause. Mark's sessions are a raw, honest and often hilarious look at the state of marketing, creativity and innovation in the modern age.
- Fabrice Beaulieu Fabrice Chief Marketing, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Officer, Reckitt
- Conny Braams Conny Chief Digital and Commercial Officer, UnileverAs Chief Digital and Marketing Officer, Conny is a member of the Unilever Leadership Executive and responsible for the end-to-end digital transformation of Unilever and Marketing worldwide. She has held this role since January 2020. Conny’s broad international business experience and her track-record in driving change at scale, is critical to lead the transformation of Unilever into a future-fit, purpose-led, fully digitised organisation at the leading edge of consumer marketing. Having joined Unilever as a marketing trainee in 1990, Conny has held a variety of local and international Marketing, Customer Development, Communications and General Management roles across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Most recently, Conny was the Executive Vice President, Unilever, Middle Europe and General Manager, Unilever, Benelux where she led the complete digital rewire and marketing transformation of the region.
- Rupen Desai Rupen WFA Asia VP & Advisory Board Member, Copenhagen CartelRupen is the co-founder of The Shed 28 (TS/28), an organisation which helps build purpose-driven brands, and a Board Member of Copenhagen Cartel, as well as being WFA’s Regional VP for APAC. Previously, he was Global CMO at Dole, stewarding the company’s mission to provide equal access to good nutrition for everyone, delivered in a positive and sustainable manner. Prior to Dole, he was Edelman’s Vice-Chairman across Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. During this time, he also led Edelman’s Women’s leadership network. He began his career with Mullen Lowe, where he spent two decades, leading the Asia-Pacific region for the last six. He is a strong advocate of the responsibility purposeful business and creativity have, towards the interdependence between people, planet and prosperity.
- Cristina Diezhandino Cristina Chief Marketing Officer, Diageo
- Ali Hanan Ali Founder and CEO, Creative EqualsAli Hanan is the founder of Creative Equals, an award-winning organisation driving what she calls the new ROI: a ‘Return on Inclusion’. She believes diversity, equity and inclusion as part of purpose and ESG strategies, impacts the planet, people, profits - and marketing excellence, seen at Cannes Lion. The team focuses on three key areas: inclusive cultures, inclusive marketing and inclusive communities, working with the world’s leading brands, including Pepsico, Reckitt, ABI In-Bev, H&M Group, McDonald’s, Mars Wrigley and more. In her former life, she worked as a creative director in the marketing sector for 18 years at its leading agencies. Since 2016, Creative Equals has been an innovative leader in the DEI space, launching the sector’s first accreditation, the Equality Standard, in 2016 and talent programmes CreativeComeback (returners) 2018 and Disabled Creatives in 2023, both funded by Diageo. Creative Equals' work is described by global clients as 'industry leading and defining'.
- David Jones David Founder and CEO, The Brandtech Group
- Brian O'Kelley Brian Co-founder and CEO, Scope3
- Raja Rajamannar Raja WFA President and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and President Healthcare, MastercardRaja is responsible for building the Mastercard brand, driving business for its products and services and advancing sustainable competitive differentiation for the company. Raja comes to Mastercard with a history of innovation and business transformation. Before joining the company, he served as the Chief Transformation Officer of Anthem (formerly, WellPoint), a Fortune 500 health insurance company. Earlier, he was at Citigroup for 15 years holding a number of leadership roles, including Global Chief Marketing Officer, Cards and Payments, and before that he spent 7 years with Unilever in sales and product management roles. He started his career with Asian Paints in India.
- Özlem Senturk Özlem Senior Partner at Kantar’s global sustainable transformation practiceFor more than 15 years Ozlem has been leading assignments across a broad range of industries in technology, services and classical FMCG- a good mix of B2C and B2B experience. As a consultant Ozlem’s greatest passion has been to drive impact. She believes people are the biggest asset to make that impact sustainable. Over the last decade she has been focusing on transformations to bring countries and people together around an inspiring vision and enable organizations and employees to drive a focused strategy. As Kantar sustainable transformation global expert she has been a consultant to companies across the globe on their sustainable/purpose-led transformation journeys as well as driving Kantar’s thought leadership in the domain. Before joining Kantar, Ozlem worked in broad range of roles at global, regional and local levels. She started her marketing career at Procter & Gamble in Turkey and continued with global innovation and category leadership roles within the consumer electronics sector in the Netherlands. Ozlem has an MBA from NIMBAS Business School (University of Bradford- Top 70 in FT rankings at the time) and a BSc from the METU university – Top 3 in Turkey at the time)
- Charlie Thompson Charlie Director, Commercial Reach & Influence, Cambridge Institute for Sustainability LeadershipCharlie is Director, Commercial Reach & Influence at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) and Co-Convenor of its Sustainable Marketing, Media & Creative course. Charlie leads CISL’s work on the influence of the business ecosystem via the role of marketing, media and creative industries, and the opportunity this poses for sustainable change. Before joining CISL, Charlie’s industry experience specialised in digital and content marketing, strategy and transformation. She has worked for one of the largest destination marketing organisations in the world, is a former Global Manager of Digital Strategy, Capabilities & Content at American Express and co-founder of a start-up that assessed marketing and labelling claims, and promoted sustainable products, lifestyles and narratives.
This was Global Marketer Week 2023
Brand safetyMedia governanceBrand safetyMarketing lawBrand purposeBrand reputationMarketing operationsMedia transformation
“We’re going to have to be amazingly humble”
WFA CEO, Stephan Loerke, offers his verdict on WFA Global Marketer Week in…
Brand purposeBrand reputationMarketing operationsOrganisation & structure
WFA Global Marketer Week '23 | Raja Rajamannar & Brian O'Kelley: Towards a sustainable future
Raja shares how Mastercard has sought to reimagine value through a sustainability lens and outline how marketing has become a driver…
Brand purposeBrand reputationMarketing operationsOrganisation & structure
WFA Global Marketer Week '23 | The big debate motion: Marketers should focus on company, not consumer behaviour change
Building on WFA's last debate where 74% of our audience agreed that ‘marketing today is incompatible with a sustainable…
Diversity & Inclusion
WFA Global Marketer Week '23 | Cristina Diezhandino & Ali Hanan: Progressive pathways to growth
WFA's Global Marketer of the Year, Cristina Diezhandino, is joined on stage by Ali Hanan of Creative Equals, who has helped Diageo…
Content marketingMedia Innovation
WFA Global Marketer Week '23 | Mark Adams: Think like a designer, not a marketer
The greatest challenges we face today were produced by design and must be solved by design. They originated in the optimism of the…
Marketing operationsOrganisation & structure
WFA Global Marketer Week '23 | Rupen Desai: Regenerative marketing: Biggest opportunity of our time?
Rupen Desai provokes the need to move from extractive growth to a different value creation model, one where people, the planet and…
Plan your trip
Where to stay?
Global Marketer Conference
The week’s flagship event will take place at the Carlu, located within a 20-minute walking distance from the hub hotel, Park Hyatt, and easily accessible by public transport.
Please get in touch with us should you need an invitation letter in order to apply for a visa to enter Canada.
Sponsors & partners
Interested in partnership opportunities for WFA Global Marketer Week 2024?