- Ademorayo Apara Ademorayo Snr MSE Brand Strategy Budget Planning & Special Projects, First Bank of Nigeria
- Jerry Daykin Jerry VP, Head of Global Media, Beam Suntory & WFA Global Diversity Ambassador
- Jasper Donat Jasper CEO, Branded
- Leyal Eskin Leyal VP - Head of Personal Care Business Arabia, Unilever & Chair of the Advertising Business Group (ABG)
- Josh Faulks Josh CEO, Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA)
- Mikimasa Hamamatsu Mikimasa General Manager, Global Marketing, Nissan Motor Corporation
- Stephan Loerke Stephan Chief Executive Officer, WFA
- Eloísa Moscardó Eloísa Head of Corporate Marketing, Santander Group
- Tom Ollerton Tom Founder, Automated Creative
- Lucinda Peniston-Baines Lucinda Co-Founder and Managing Partner, The Observatory International
- Lena Petersen Lena Chief Brand Officer, MediaLink
- David Porter David Strategic Advisor
- Raja Rajamannar Raja Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Mastercard and WFA President
- Matt Scheckner Matt Chairman, Advertising Week
- Josephine Tan Josephine VP, APAC Digital Hub, Diageo
- Solitaire Townsend Solitaire Chief Solutionist & Co-Founder, Futerra
Global Marketer of the Year 2023
The winner will be announced soon!
Meet our shortlist: Watch the interviews
MARCEL MARCONDES (Global Chief Marketing Officer, AB InBev)
LISA MCKNIGHT (EVP, Chief Brand Officer, Mattel, Inc.)
6 reasons why Global Marketer of the Year 2023 matters
Celebrating great marketers who make a real difference
Senior global and regional marketers can have a huge impact in multiple ways.
Whether it’s creating effective purpose-driven campaigns, restructuring the way their internal and external teams work together or playing an industry leadership role, for example around furthering the Diversity & Inclusion agenda, great marketers make a real difference.
Since 2017, the WFA Global Marketer of the Year Award has been seeking to identify the person in a global or regional role who has, over the last 12 months, made the most impact on their company, our industry and the reputation of marketing among consumers.
In 2022, the Global Marketer of the Year Award went to Cristina Diezhandino, Chief Marketing Officer of Diageo.
Call for nominations
24 August '23 - 11 October '23
Call for votes
14 December '23 - 28 January '24
We believe that the best global and regional marketers should show outstanding leadership in four key areas:
- Driving initiatives which contribute towards sustainable business growth/practices;
- Optimising their global marketing organisation, including working more effectively with partners;
- Delivering stand-out innovation and creative effectiveness;
- Playing an industry leadership role, for example around furthering the Diversity & Inclusion agenda.
All nominations should demonstrate outstanding leadership in two or more of these areas, with particular reference to their activities in the last 12 months. They should also have been working for their current company for two years or more.
There are no entry fees.
Our jury represents a hugely experienced team of marketers, consultants and industry experts.
Chaired by Raja Rajamannar, Mastercard’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, it includes a wide range of sector and regional expertise, making it perfectly equipped to identify those who are making the biggest impact on the increasingly global marketing business.
Here are 6 reasons why Global Marketer of the Year 2023 matters:
Aude Gandon, Global Marketer of 2023 nominee: “Sports can be a fantastic teacher for children”
Aude Gandon, Global Chief Marketing Officer at Nestlé, is one of the five global marketers shortlisted for the WFA…
Morgan Flatley, Global Marketer of 2023 nominee: “Marketing is very central to our corporate strategy"
Morgan Flatley, Global Chief Marketing Officer & Head of New Business Ventures at McDonald's, is one of the five global…
Asmita Dubey, Global Marketer of 2023 nominee: “Augmented marketing is a meeting ground for the left and right brain"
Asmita Dubey, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer at L’Oréal, is one of the five global marketers…
Marcel Marcondes, Global Marketer of 2023 nominee: “Finding creative ways to solve business & consumer problems generates effectiveness"
Marcel Marcondes, Global Chief Marketing Officer at AB InBev, is one of the five global marketers shortlisted for the WFA…
Lisa McKnight, Global Marketer of 2023 nominee: “We really painted the world pink"
Lisa McKnight, EVP, Chief Brand Officer at Mattel, is one of the five global marketers shortlisted for the WFA Global Marketer of…
WFA reveals shortlist for Global Marketer of the Year 2023
Expert jury selects top global marketing leaders from AB InBev, L’Oréal, Mattel, McDonald’s and Nestlé.…
The most exciting thing about marketing right now…
With the call for nominations closed, we checked in with members of our Global Marketer of the Year jury on what excites them most…
Top priorities for Global Marketer of the Year nominees
With nominations for WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2023 open until October 11, members of the expert jury were asked to share…
WFA names jury for Global Marketer of the Year 2023
We are proud to present the marketing leaders and industry experts who will act as this year's jury at the WFA Global Marketer of…
Nominations open for Global Marketer of the Year 2023
WFA kick-starts its annual search for a star of global marketing with a video celebrating the six previous winners and the power of…
Marketing technologyBrand purposeBrand reputationDigital transformationMarketing capabilitiesMarketing operationsMarketing technologyOrganisation & structureMarketing technology
Cristina Diezhandino named WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022
Diageo’s Global Chief Marketing Officer, Cristina Diezhandino, has been named WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022, after…
It’s the economy…
Marketers are grappling with difficult questions as much of the world faces an economic slowdown. Do they cut back on their…
The missing conversation
Agencies are a vital part of any effective marketing organisation, but all too often the right questions aren’t always asked…
Cristina Diezhandino, Diageo: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Cristina Diezhandino, Chief Marketing Officer at Diageo, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted for this…
Asmita Dubey, L'Oréal: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Asmita Dubey, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, L'Oréal, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted for this…
Martin Renaud, Mondelēz International: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Martin Renaud, EVP & Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Mondelēz International, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted…
Karen Riley-Grant, Levi's: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Karen Riley-Grant, Global Chief Marketing Officer at Levi Strauss & Co, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted for…
Fabrice Beaulieu, Reckitt: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Fabrice Beaulieu, Chief Marketing, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Officer, Reckitt, is one of the eight global marketers…
For more information or questions, please contact us