Unilever’s Sanjiv Kakar re-elected as Chairman
Share this post
The Advertising Business Group (ABG) have appointed a new board for 2020-2022, with Sanjiv Kakar, EVP of Unilever North Africa, Middle East, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus, re-elected as chairman.
Sanjiv has more than 30 years of sales and marketing experience, having held various roles in the Beverage, Food, Home and Personal Care businesses of Unilever since he joined the company in 1984.
Under the leadership of the new board, ABG will focus on four key areas: responsible marketing to children, gender stereotyping in advertising, UAE cross-media measurement and digital media self-regulation. In September, the association launched their UAE Audience Measurement Project - a cross-industry initiative that seeks to develop a transparent and robust mechanism for cross-media measurement. ABG has also partnered with UN Women to establish the UAE chapter of the Unstereotype Alliance set to launch in November.
ABG’s board consists of:
- Sanjiv Kakkar, Unilever (chair)
- Elda Choucair, PHD MENA (vice-chair)
- Marie De Ducla, Google (treasurer)
- Julien Cordahi, Choueiri Group (legal officer)
- Priya Sarma, Unilever (communications officer)
- Deepa Vaidyanathan, P&G (knowledge & development officer)
- Omar Katerji, Ferrero (membership development officer)
For more information, contact ABG.