Rupen Desai, Global CMO at Dole Sunshine Company, is one of the seven global marketers shortlisted for this year's WFA Global Marketer of the Year award in partnership with The Drum.
Share this post
Rupen is the Global CMO at Dole Sunshine Co., a company that believes that everyone should have equal access to good nutrition, delivered in a positive and sustainable manner.
He is a strong advocate of the responsibility business and creativity have, towards the interdependence between people, planet and prosperity; and is architecting purpose at the heart of the company’s business model for this 170 year-start-up.
The team’s work has been recognized with Rupen being featured by one of the World’s Most Influential CMOs by Forbes, Business Insider’s ‘CMO’s to watch in 2021’, one of 17 sustainability stars by Adweek, a global 100 Influencer by Provoke and, on the Asia-Pacific Power List by the Campaign magazine.
Rupen co-founded TS/28 to partner organizations thrive in the conscience economy; is a member of the global creative council at Bayer healthcare, a trustee at the Institute for Public Relations and a former board member at Female Founders, a not-for-profit dedicated to the pursuit of gender equality.
Prior to Dole, he was Edelman’s Vice-Chairman across Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. During this time, he also led the company’s Women’s leadership network. He began his career with Mullen Lowe, where he led the Asia-Pacific region.
- Andrea Álvares, Chief Brand, Innovation, International and Sustainability Officer, Natura
- Conny Braams, Chief Digital and Marketing Officer, Unilever
- Cristina Diezhandino, CMO, Diageo
- Julia Goldin, EVP, Chief Product and Marketing Officer, LEGO Group
- Pratik Thakar, Head of Global Creative Strategy and Content, Coca-Cola, TCCC
- Jane Wakely, Lead CMO, Mars, Incorporated