Advertising Expenditure Forecast
Dentsu Ad Spend Report (July 2022) predicts continued growth through 2022 despite global economic turbulence
This report is the latest dentsu ad spend forecasts for 2022 based on feedback from almost 60 markets around the globe. It also examines some of the key factors impacting ad spend shift right now, such as inflation increases, sustainability regulation, acceleration of gaming as an ad medium, doubling down on addressable media and also the importance of buying attention as a core metric.
The report suggests ad spend optimism continues, despite continuing economic and geo-political uncertainty. Among some of the key points in the report:
- Global advertising spend expected to grow by 8.7% in 2022
- Total ad spend is now expected to reach US$738.5 billion by end of this year
- Forecasts indicate 2023 global advertising market to also increase by 5.4% to reach US$778.6 billion, followed by a further 5.1% increase in 2024
- Digital drives brand focus with 55.5% of overall 2022 ad spend (US$409.9 billion)
- The Americas is the top advertising spend region for 2022, whilst the fastest growing markets will be India, US and Brazil.
To download the full report click here.