The Women's Empowerment Principles Gap Analysis Tool (WEPs Tool) helps companies indentify strenghts, gaps, and opportunities to improve their performance on gender equality.
Share this post
The WEPs Tool comprises 18 multiple choice questions that draw from good practices from around the world-covering gender equality in leadership, workplace, marketplace, and community. Topics covered by the assessment include: commitment to a gender equality strategy, equal pay, recruitment, supporting parents and caregivers, women’s health, inclusive sourcing, and advocacy for gender equality in communities of operation. Each question is organized according to a management model, which guides companies of all sizes through the process of formally committing, implementing & action, measuring, communicating progress, and taking action.
The tool is:
- Grounded in the WEPs Principles and uses a global framework that has strong support from business, the UN, governments, and civil society.
- Business Driven as it was developed in consultation with more than 170 companies. The questions are based on real-life company practice, international standards, and indicators.
- A free, user-friendly, and strictly confidential online platform that helps companies to assess current policies and programmes, highlight areas for improvement, and identify opportunities to set future corporate goals and targets. Results are provided in a concise and clear format so companies can easily identify areas for improvement.
Companies can use the tool to:
- Assess the company’s strategic approach to gender equality.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Learn about best practices on gender equality globally.
- Set concrete goals and targets, and measure progress over time.
- Benchmark against peers and industry standards.
- Leverage global gender equality resources to guide future actions.
- Contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by investing in women and girls and Making Global Goals, Local Business.
For more details click here.