Karen Riley-Grant, Global Chief Marketing Officer at Levi Strauss & Co, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted for this year's WFA Global Marketer of the Year award in partnership with The Drum. Karen talks to us about her priorities, recent achievements and thoughts on what's next.
Share this post
Riley-Grant became Levi Strauss & Co’s chief marketing officer in 2021 and since then, has led a sustainability agenda that has seen the brand encourage consumers to shop less often – a brave move for a fashion giant.
In an interview with The Drum, she says the brand is “the strongest it has been in decades”, in part thanks to a social-first marketing strategy that has seen her teams spend more time and budget on the likes of TikTok.
This is the complete shortlist for the 2022 WFA Global Marketer of the Year Award:
- Fabrice Beaulieu, Chief Marketing, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Officer, Reckitt
- Patricia Corsi, Chief Marketing, Digital and Information Officer, Bayer
- Cristina Diezhandino, Global CMO, Diageo
- Asmita Dubey, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, L’Oréal
- Cheryl Goh, Group VP of Marketing and Sustainability – Founding CMO, Grab
- Julia Goldin, Chief Product & Marketing Officer/Executive Vice President, LEGO
- Martin Renaud, EVP & Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Mondelēz International
- Karen Riley-Grant, CMO, Levi Strauss & Co
You can vote for Karen Riley-Grant to be named Global Marketer of the Year. Voting closes January 31.