- These terms and conditions (Terms) apply between (i) you (you) as a purchaser or possessor of the Global Marketer Week tickets (the Tickets) and (ii) us, World Federation of Advertisers (WFA or us).
- If you disagree with any of the Terms listed below or do not agree with the risk allocations, please do not purchase Tickets or try to enter the Global Marketer Week premises.
- Please note that WFA reserves the right to make changes, revisions, and amendments, or add/remove sections from this set of Terms without your consent or any prior notification to you (the Amended Terms). Such changes will be duly reflected on the website of the organiser (https://wfanet.org/gmw).
- The Amended Terms will apply to the Tickets on and from the date on which they are made available on the Website as though circulated to you on the date of purchase of the Tickets and will replace all prior versions of the Terms. If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Terms and the Amended Terms, the Amended Terms shall prevail.
2. Ticket sales and Management
- Tickets are free of charge for global or regional marketers from a company in WFA membership.
- Marketers with a national remit from a company in WFA membership can purchase a ticket for the Global Marketer Conference for a discounted rate.
- Members of the ACA (Association of Canadian Advertisers) can purchase a ticket for the Global Marketer Conference for a discounted rate.
- WFA members must register using their company email address in order to access member-only sessions.
- WFA reserves the right to review any information provided by the attendees and adjust Ticket type if it is found that the information provided by the attendee has been misrepresented.
- The price for a non-member ticket is non-negotiable.
- The event service will be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety as soon as Global Marketer Week starts on 14 May 2024. From that point on, no refund requests will be entertained.
- Tickets are non-transferrable. You must not transfer your Ticket to any other member, non-member or person unless prior written consent (which may be refused by WFA without reason) to such transfer has been obtained from WFA.
- At the time of entering the event venue, you will be required to provide the QR code received upon registration, your name or registration [email] confirmation to receive your personal event badge. The badge will grant you access to all sessions you have registered for.
- Your Ticket and personal event badge must be retained by you at all times and provided for inspection by security personnel as requested.
- WFA reserves the right to deny you access to a session if you are not registered and in possession of your personal event badge.
4. COVID-19 Measures and Event Safety
- While onsite, you agree to comply with all laws and regulations regarding the current public health guidelines, including but not limited to:
* showing proof of (i) your vaccination against COVID-19; (ii) negative test result, and (iii) recovery from COVID-19;
* social distancing protocols; and
* face mask requirements.
- You acknowledge the health risk associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and the risk of exposure or infection by COVID-19. By attending the event in-person you acknowledge these risks and assume all associated liabilities.
- You will immediately notify WFA if you at any time while onsite or within seven (7) days of your attendance at the event experience symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough or shortness of breath, or have a suspected, diagnosed, or otherwise confirmed case of COVID-19.
- WFA has the right to remove you from the event for any safety reasons or if you refuse any safety screenings or procedures.
- WFA does not take any responsibility to personal/financial damages caused to you at the venue, or for any items lost/stolen/misplaced at the venue. Financial reimbursement claims on these counts will not be entertained.
5. Use of photographic and video material taken at Global Marketer Week
- WFA may hire professional service providers (photo/video/streaming/audio) to document and display the event experience. By attending the event, you acknowledge and agree that:
* WFA may edit and use footage from the event for marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose; and
* WFA disclaims all liability for the capture of your image in any multimedia format by other attendees at the event.
- Further, in agreeing to these Terms, you consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or, for security purposes, by any CCTV cameras and recordings at Global Marketer Week.
- You also agree that we can utilise your image or likeness or the image or likeness of a member of your party in, or incidental to, any photograph or live or recorded television or in any other type of transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, and that you shall not be entitled to any compensation or credit.
- If you are resident within the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the law of the country within the European Union in which you are resident and any dispute arising under this contract shall be referred to the relevant courts having authority in that country.
6. Cancellation or postponement
- If Global Marketer Week is cancelled (i) due to any factors or causes not in the control of WFA, or (ii) otherwise in WFA’s absolute discretion, WFA will:
* offer a partial or full refund; or
* postpone the event.
- These factors will be inclusive of, but not limited to, fire, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes, unseasonably extreme inclement weather, strikes, labor disputes, inability to secure sufficient labor, civil, governmental or military authority, government requisitions, restrictions or regulations on travel, facility availability, commodities or supplies, civil disturbance, transportation, acts of God, acts of terrorism or threats of terrorism, acts of war, accidents, epidemics, disasters, the unavailability of the Venue or any other cause beyond its reasonable control. Once again, the decision of WFA will be considered final.
- If Global Marketer Week is fully cancelled, the refund, if issued, will include ONLY the face value/printed value of the Ticket(s). The bearer cannot, under any circumstances, claim refunds on travel, accommodation, shipping fees, processing fees, handling fees, and such other charges.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement, WFA will post these details on the Website and also use reasonable endeavours to contact you by email (using the details provided at the time of booking) advising you of the cancellation/postponement and, in the case of cancellation, initiating the refund process.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- In respect of any personal data as defined in the General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), also known as GDPR, WFA holds responsibility to ensure that they comply with the GDPR and continue to comply with any future amendments to the Regulations and any guidance notes or guidelines issues by the Information Commission.
- If you have any questions or concerns about information we hold about you, please contact us by email at email@example.com or in writing to:
World Federation of Advertisers (WFA)
140 Avenue Louise
Tel: +32 (0) 2 502 57 40
Fax: +32 (0) 2 502 56 66
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless WFA and its directors, officers, employees and agents and keep each of them fully and effectively indemnified against any and all losses, imposed on, incurred by or asserted against them arising from breach of these Terms.
- All enquiries about Global Marketer Week should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org