Asia Advisory Board
Asia Advisory Board
Asia VP & Chairs
- Rupen Desai Rupen WFA Asia VP & Advisory Board Member, Copenhagen CartelRupen is the co-founder of The Shed 28 (TS/28), an organisation which helps build purpose-driven brands, and a Board Member of Copenhagen Cartel, as well as being WFA’s Regional VP for APAC. Previously, he was Global CMO at Dole, stewarding the company’s mission to provide equal access to good nutrition for everyone, delivered in a positive and sustainable manner. Prior to Dole, he was Edelman’s Vice-Chairman across Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. During this time, he also led Edelman’s Women’s leadership network. He began his career with Mullen Lowe, where he spent two decades, leading the Asia-Pacific region for the last six. He is a strong advocate of the responsibility purposeful business and creativity have, towards the interdependence between people, planet and prosperity.
- Silas Lewis-Meilus Silas Asia Chair, Media Forum& Global Head of Media Business Units, Haleon
- Shyam Balasubramanian Shyam Castrol head of brands ( cars , bikes , trucks), Castrol
- Edward Bell Edward General Manager Brand, Insights & Marketing Communications, Cathay Pacific
- Juliana Chu Juliana Vice President of Digital & Ecommerce, Asia Pacific, Shiseido
- Chiradeep Gupta Chiradeep VP, Personal Care Head of Media and Global Integrated Media Strategy Lead, Unilever
- Mikimasa Hamamatsu Mikimasa General Manager, Global Marketing, Nissan Motor Corporation
- Josephine Tan Josephine Global Technology - Solutions Readiness Director, Digital/Mobile , McDonald's
Objectives and aims
There are five objectives for this group:
- To help determine the direction for WFA’s regionally-focused work, as it relates to the unique challenges of our markets.
- To identify key global issues that require adaptation and application at a regional level
- To champion the WFA’s priorities within our industry
- To impact regional growth through recruitment and retention efforts
- To provide a platform for leadership board members to share ideas, experiences, best practices and progress made with common challenges.
In the face of on-going COVID-19 challenges, the WFA Asia Advisory Board will also offer strategic counsel in shaping our response as an industry, while providing support and guidance to our network of regional marketers.
Meetings & Commitment
Meetings will be held approximately once per quarter via web conference. This will be a 90-minute session that will provide Board Members with updates on global initiatives and policy updates, discuss upcoming regional meetings as well as identify priorities and areas of focus for the group.
Increasing e-commerce effectiveness in APAC with enablers
Shufen Goh, Co-founder and Principal at R3, shares key insights from a recent report on the state of e-commerce enablers in…
Benchmark: Generative AI training
WFA member benchmark exploring training in Generative AI.
Benchmark: Recommended events agencies in MEA region
WFA member benchmark on recommended events agencies in MEA region
Benchmark: Search engine optimisation (SEO) structure
WFA member benchmark exploring SEO structures.
Benchmark: PR agencies in South East Asia
WFA member benchmark on recommended PR agencies operating in SEA region.
Spotlight: Media Contract Guidance Webinar – Focus on China
How can advertisers foster transparency and ensure fair value for their investments in the media industry through clear and…
Spotlight: Creating Value Through Effortless Service: A Guide to Destressing Customer Interactions
A webinar with BVA BDRC Asia on Customer Effort analysis
Spotlight: Optimising your Influencer spend and learnings from across APAC
Embarking on an influencer strategy? Get insights into the best practices and how to contract your engagement.
Remote Martech workshop: Modern ways to discover consumer insights using available public data
A remote workshop on Marketing Technologies led by Taru Jain, Founder and Director, Maxential and Subhendu Mukherjee, Founder, The…
Spotlight Sonic Branding: The Power of Sound in Building Your Brand Identity
Drive greater emotional engagement through music
Digital policyMarketing technologyMarketing technologyData-driven marketingMarketing technology
Spotlight: ChatGPT: Your New Marketing Assistant - Strategies for Success and guardrails to follow
A webinar with guest speaker Jamshed Wadia, Vice Chair of Digital, Asia, Edelman, on the strategies and best practices of Generative…
Spotlight: Think with Google - Evolving the role of apps for Businesses in APAC
Repositioning apps for Businesses in APAC.
Marketing technologyMarketing capabilitiesMarketing technologyMarketing effectivenessMarketing technology
China Forum (July 2022)
Building on the recent WFA study Global eCommerce and Marketing, this Forum turns the spotlight to China and how…
Marketing technologyMarketing technologyMarketing technology
Media Forum APAC (June 2022) eCommerce in South-East Asia
Building on the recent WFA study Global eCommerce and Marketing, this Forum continues the conversations around eCommerce with a…
Spotlight: Social Commerce: Taking the high street to the social feed
How do you take High Street to the Social Feed?
Spotlight: The Rise of Chinese brands - Why is it important for businesses in and outside of China
Explanations behind the rise of Chinese brands and why it is important to businesses in and outside of…