The goal of these documents is to create a standardized way for members to understand how each platform is adopting GARM standards from key GARM workstreams.
In the last three years, GARM has been driving a series of standards and solutions that run across its key workstreams of Common Definition, Common Measures, Common Tools, and Independent Audit + Verification. As we develop and then deploy the work within the industry, there is logically the question of how each of the members implement standards.
Implementation of GARM standards is a question for all types of organizations within GARM – whether an advertiser, an agency, a platform, or an solutions developer company.
Our first view on implementation is for ad sellers, with a focus on platforms.
Share this post
Our look at implementation charts the following:
- Organizational endorsement
- Link to moderation + monetization policies
- Integration into buying tools
- Organizational participation in the GARM Aggregated Measurement Report
- Metrics provided to GARM adhering to best practices (out of a total of 8)
- Implementation of GARM minimum adjacency standard in relevant formats
INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION + OVERSIGHT
- MRC accreditation
- TAG certification
- Third-party audit of transparency reporting
The adoption grids were developed by the GARM Steer Team with a comment period with the platforms to ensure they are an accurate view of platform work. These will be updated on a semiannual basis.