Industry issues1 minute read
This report contains results from a survey amongst WFA Planet Pledge signatories and some considering singing. 17 companies responded. 14 were already signatories.
Share this post
- Things marketers can do to be part of the solution (internal)
- Make the sustainability agenda top of mind within your organisation
- Emphasis on a more sustainable portfolio and the role of each brand
- Seek new partners and inspire existing ones by changing the brief
- Promote sustainability along the value chain, amongst agencies, production...
- Guide and educate your colleagues and partners
- Things marketers can do to be part of the solution (external)
- Communicate to raise awareness of sustainability challenges and drive action
- Enable behaviour change by making sustainable choices simpler
- Design and produce more sustainable packaging solutions
- Avoid greenwash through easily substantiated claims
- Educate consumers on sustainable characteristics and propose new usage
- 7 things marketers need to stop
- Seeing sustainability as a constraint
- Thinking small: a narrow focus on your category or only for "green" products and services
- Being "market takers rather than market makers"
- Treating sustainability as an afterthought or an "advertising thing" (instead of sustainability first)
- Reckless production e.g long-haul production shoots
- Greenwash: misleading and disproportionate claims lacking substance or effort to drive change
- Being passive, thinking it's someone else's job: stop talking start doing
- Scope to do more in bringing our partners with us
- The majority of those with sustainability & marketing capabilities programmes agreed to share their content
Download the attachment below for the detailed report.