Asmita Dubey, L'Oréal: WFA Global Marketer of the Year 2022 nominee
Asmita Dubey, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, L'Oréal, is one of the eight global marketers shortlisted for this year's WFA Global Marketer of the Year award in partnership with The Drum. Asmita talks to us about her priorities, recent achievements and thoughts on what's next.
Share this post
Asmita Dubey has spent the past decade at L’Oréal, but it was only in 2021 that she took on the top marketing role at the beauty giant while also retaining her responsibility for its digital strategy. In that time, she’s focused heavily on how its brands can take advantage of the, albeit limited, opportunities the metaverse and web3 currently have to offer while mapping out a long-term strategy for these emerging platforms.
In this interview with The Drum, Asmita details the strides L’Oréal's brands have made over the past 12 months and what she's got planned for the year ahead.
This is the complete shortlist for the 2022 WFA Global Marketer of the Year Award:
- Fabrice Beaulieu, Chief Marketing, Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Officer, Reckitt
- Patricia Corsi, Chief Marketing, Digital and Information Officer, Bayer
- Cristina Diezhandino, Global CMO, Diageo
- Asmita Dubey, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, L’Oréal
- Cheryl Goh, Group VP of Marketing and Sustainability – Founding CMO, Grab
- Julia Goldin, Chief Product & Marketing Officer/Executive Vice President, LEGO
- Martin Renaud, EVP & Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Mondelēz International
- Karen Riley-Grant, CMO, Levi Strauss & Co
You can vote for Asmita Dubey to be named Global Marketer of the Year. Voting closes January 31.