Industry issues1 minute read
Overview of the Digital Governance Exchange (DGX) meeting held remotely on 9 December 2021.
Share this post
On the agenda:
- An antitrust round-up from competition experts King & Spalding LLP, with a deep-dive into recent investigations and market studies scrutinising competition in the digital advertising market.
- An overview of a recently unsealed US antitrust case against Google by Ruben Schreurs, Group Chief Product Officer, Ebiquity PLC, and insights into how brands who believe they have been negatively impacted by ad tech practices could respond.
- A presentation from Professor David Carroll, Parsons School of Design, on the so-called ‘tech lash’ and how individual advertisers should respond to the Facebook allegations.
- A summary of how the Facebook allegations have impacted work currently ongoing through the Global Alliance for Responsible Media from Rob Rakowitz, Initiative Lead, GARM, and how regulation could address some of the concerns.
- Agency perspectives from Joe Barone, Managing Partner, Brand Safety Americas, GroupM about how they are advising their clients in light of ongoing brand safety challenges.
WFA members can download the presentation slides and a detailed meeting overview below: